ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) DL extension - Right to Work?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Elayseth22
Newly Registered

FLR(O) DL extension - Right to Work?

Post by Elayseth22 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:08 pm

My partner and I, recently applied for a further leave to remain FLR(O), DL. The fee for two applicants has already been taken from our account, however today I received a letter from the Charging Ops team, addressed to me only saying, "Thank you for the application by the above-named on Form FLR(O) . It will now be passed to a caseworker unit.
My query, is this the letter of acknowledgement or will we receive another letter from the Caseworker unit ? the reason I ask is because my partner's employer has threatened him to stop his employment if he fail to provide a letter of acknowledgement from the home office by the end of the month. Can anyone advise please.

Many thanks

siliconegel

Re: FLR(O) DL extension - Right to Work?

Post by siliconegel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:27 pm

It is a letter of acknowledgement to say that HO has received his application and is passed to a case worker to work on it. This letter can be shown to the employer which will confirm that application for extension of visas has been made.

Elayseth22
Newly Registered

Post by Elayseth22 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi siliconegel ,

Thank you for your reply, well the only problem is that the letter has my name only, not my partner, and his employer is the one that is threatening to suspend his employment if he failed to provide a letter of acknowledgement, even though he showed them proof of postage and also gave them information downloaded from the UKBA page, where it states that his employment status will still the same until a decision is taken.
Would it be Ok if we write to UKBA and ask them to please send a letter of acknowledgement on my partners name?
Last edited by Elayseth22 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elayseth22
Newly Registered

Post by Elayseth22 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:52 pm

siliconegel wrote:It is a letter of acknowledgement to say that HO has received his application and is passed to a case worker to work on it. This letter can be shown to the employer which will confirm that application for extension of visas has been made.

Hi siliconegel ,

Thank you for your reply, well the only problem is that the letter has my name only, not my partner, and his employer is the one that is threatening to suspend his employment if he failed to provide a letter of acknowledgement, even though he showed them proof of postage and also gave them information downloaded from the UKBA page, where it states that his employment status will still the same until a decision is taken.
Would it be Ok if we write to UKBA and ask them to please send a letter of acknowledgement on my partners name?

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:13 am

Yes please do write to UKBA to send a letter in your partners name. Was it a joint application? If so, then the letter should be in both names. Make sure any correspondence you do with UKBA is done via recorded delivery.

Elayseth22
Newly Registered

Post by Elayseth22 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:27 pm

siliconegel wrote:Yes please do write to UKBA to send a letter in your partners name. Was it a joint application? If so, then the letter should be in both names. Make sure any correspondence you do with UKBA is done via recorded delivery.
Hi Siliconegel, Yes it is a joint application,that is what we though, that the letter should've been in both our names.
We've sent a letter to them today special delivery, requesting an acknowledgement letter on my husbands name, we also enclosed a pre- paid special delivery envelop for them to send it back to us. Hopefully they wont have any problem in writing it.

Thank you for your advised.
Kid regards

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Good luck! Hope all gets sorted soon!

MissyRita
Newly Registered

Post by MissyRita » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:59 am

Hii Guys, I need help.
I am a tier 4 uk visa student who has been here for 9 yrs. My student visa ran out in March 28th 2015. I am in my 28 day grace period but I have no college/university to accept me so i am applying for flro. I have a boyfriend and we plan to get married and then withdraw the FLRO application to a SPOUSE VISA/FLRM visa while they process our FLRO application. I am sending off my FLRO application on the 17th April 2015.

I have a number of questions,please help me knowledgeable gurus.

1)Can we get married while the application is pending or wil it raise questions at the home office? PLEASE NOTE, HOME OFFICE WILL HAVE ALL MY OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS i.e. passport?
2)If i don't get married to my boyfriend, will my flro application be accepted? I am applying outside immigration rules stating that i want to remain here with my boyfriend and that i want to finish off my degree and i will try to find another university. will they reject or accept? is it compassionate enough?
3)if they reject my application, will i get a right of appeal if i am applying within the 28 day grace period?
4)what are the chances of me staying here and living here permanently? 

Help me. 

Best wishes.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:13 pm

MissyRita wrote:Hii Guys, I need help.
I am a tier 4 uk visa student who has been here for 9 yrs. My student visa ran out in March 28th 2015. I am in my 28 day grace period but I have no college/university to accept me so i am applying for flro. I have a boyfriend and we plan to get married and then withdraw the FLRO application to a SPOUSE VISA/FLRM visa while they process our FLRO application. I am sending off my FLRO application on the 17th April 2015.

1)Can we get married while the application is pending or wil it raise questions at the home office? PLEASE NOTE, HOME OFFICE WILL HAVE ALL MY OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS i.e. passport?
2)If i don't get married to my boyfriend, will my flro application be accepted? I am applying outside immigration rules stating that i want to remain here with my boyfriend and that i want to finish off my degree and i will try to find another university. will they reject or accept? is it compassionate enough?
3)if they reject my application, will i get a right of appeal if i am applying within the 28 day grace period?

Help me. 

Best wishes.
You did a mistake here. U should apply flr o before expiry of your visa than u could get appeal right if refused. but now u put your self in a very dangerous position where u can lose your 9 years continuity. In other words if flr o refused your long residency chain will break.

1. How can u register your marriage without passport?

2. No chance

3. No (I explained already)

4. 0% at the moment
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

MissyRita
Newly Registered

Post by MissyRita » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 am

Zee ali wrote:
MissyRita wrote:Hii Guys, I need help.

Help me. 

Best wishes.
You did a mistake here. U should apply flr o before expiry of your visa than u could get appeal right if refused. but now u put your self in a very dangerous position where u can lose your 9 years continuity. In other words if flr o refused your long residency chain will break.

1. How can u register your marriage without passport?

2. No chance

3. No (I explained already)

4. 0% at the moment

Ok but what if i am able to get a valid passport from my country that i can show at the registry? Will they still consider my boyfriend and I to get married while my application is in the process? Or will it look fishy and they will need to wait for the paperwork to clear before they authorise our request to get married? I know it seems like a rush and so sudden but I have no options. Also so if i have no right of appeal, what will happen next? What othee options are out there for me.

Thanks for your help

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:27 am

Hi Zee Ali

I want your advice mate. My visa is expiring on 23 May 2015 and my 10 years will be completed in Dec 2015. If i apply on FLR(O), will i get appeal right or is there any way to cover that gap.

Thanks
Hussain