ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (O) form or Fresh asylum claim

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aj2003
Newly Registered

FLR (O) form or Fresh asylum claim

Post by Aj2003 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm

I sought asylum in 2012 and this was declined, I appealed and still no luck, I went to upper tribunal and still no luck. I have been reporting for the past yr (I report every 6months) and I really don't have a pending case at the moment. My lawyer suggested recently that we try use form FLR (o) and state other reasons why I cannot be returned to my country which is basically no family left there. After going through the form on my own I realised that it seems to be focusing more on extension of a stay in the UK. Of which I don't fit in that category after being illegal for several yrs. before I finally sought asylum.

My question is, would it be better to take chances with this FLR (O) form as my lawyer says it's an application form for things that are not covered by other application forms OR should I just do a fresh claim on my asylum case with the new evidence that I have??

Sorry it's quite long, please help" :(

aiza78601

Re: FLR (O) form or Fresh asylum claim

Post by aiza78601 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:30 pm

what is ur immigration history,how long u been in uk,children or partner etc?

Aj2003
Newly Registered

Post by Aj2003 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:39 pm

aiza78601 wrote:what is ur immigration history,how long u been in uk,children or partner etc?

I have been in the uk for 10yrs and 1month. No kids and not married :( . Came on a working holiday visa it expired and I was illegal until 2012 when I sought asylum which was denied and really need to do something.

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:22 pm

it would be a good idea to put fresh asylum claim, as an over stayer u r not eligible for long residency of 10 years ,2nd u do not have kid or patner so u cant claim article 8 of private or family life,so i would suggest to put fresh claim if u have new evidence