ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frequent Visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Calendula

Frequent Visit

Post by Calendula » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:05 pm

I have a 1 year old daughter in UK with Refugee leave to remain. She is living with her mother who is also my friend and is on refugee leave to remain. We both are from same country. They can not travel to my country due to fear of persecution. We are not married. I am divorced from another women. My daughter also have some medical issues and frequently have to checkup with the Great Ormand Hospital (GOSH).

I am a business man and visiting UK to see my daughter and to spend days with her. My visit lasts for upto a month or maximum 45 days. The frequency of visit is after every 80 or 90 days when i exit UK. I tried to be there when my daughter have appointment at (GOSH). I have two years Multiple Visa which is going to expire in May 2017.

While visa application i wrote 20 days of Stay in UK.

Please guide me are these visits will effect my future applications? and i am staying longer then the days stated in application will this will also effect? Can i be refused entry while at immigration due to frequent visits?

Casa

Re: Frequent Visit

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Yes you can. Even more so having stayed longer than the time requested in your visitor visa application.

See pages 8 & 10/11 in the following link on UKVI guidance to Immigration Officers:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_v4_0.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:03 pm

First i got refused this Visa due to not providing complete documents of my daughter i.e birthcertificate and refugee resident permit. I was already divorced when applied for this.

Right after 5 days i again submitted application with all my daughters documents i got visa.

Since i got visa i made 4 visits. And out of 4 three were due to medical condition of my daughter and i mentioned this at immigration desk. After medical checkups and treatment i also stay there for a longer period so that my daughter should know that i am her father.

I use my debit cards for making any payments so that i can prove that i am using money from my business bank account of my home country bank and to show that i am not working in UK.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Casa i am really sorry to thank u for ur reply.

Waiting for your guidance.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Calendula wrote:Casa i am really sorry to thank u for ur reply.

At present I don't have any suggestions. There may be another category of visa which would be more suitable to your situation, but I'm not aware of one. Wait for others to advise.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Casa wrote:
Calendula wrote:Casa i am really sorry to thank u for ur reply.

At present I don't have any suggestions. There may be another category of visa which would be more suitable to your situation, but I'm not aware of one. Wait for others to advise.

Any other visa category i am also not aware of. Kindly let me know when you get any information. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:29 pm

What are your long term intentions?
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:45 pm

To stay in my home country and also can visit my daughter in UK whenever i need

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:12 pm

There's no visa for medical-related family visits.
All you can do is be aware of limitations with a UK visit visa and try not to overuse them.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:36 pm

The 'rule of thumb' is not to be seen to spend more time in the UK than you are spending in your home country within a 12 month rolling period.
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:07 am

My travel history to UK since July 2015 is as follows;

6th july to 3rd Sept: 60Days

28 Days in home Country

Then
2nd Oct to 15 October: 13Days (As my daughter admitted in hospital emergency for 8 days)

74 Days in home country

Then
28th Dec to 10th Feb: 45Days (Chekup of my daughter at hospital and stayed with her for some time)

84 Days in home country

Then
5th May to 5th Jun: 32Days  (Chekup of my daughter at hospital and stayed with her for some time)

I am again planning to visit at the end of this month and her hospital appointment is in mid of September.

Are my duration of visits to UK and duration of stay in my home country Ok?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:05 am

Do you want to do the sums for the breakdown of time spent in the UK/Home to save me or other members having to do it? :|
In 12 month rolling period:
Time spent @ home =
Time spent in the UK =
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:37 am

Casa wrote:Do you want to do the sums for the breakdown of time spent in the UK/Home to save me or other members having to do it? :|
In 12 month rolling period:
Time spent @ home =
Time spent in the UK =

from 6th July 2015 to 5th July 2016

Time spent @ home = 216 Days
Time spent in the UK = 150 Days

hope this will help.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:40 am

So taking into consideration your next visit, how will the balance of time in/out look in the 12 month period?
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:47 am

Casa wrote:So taking into consideration your next visit, how will the balance of time in/out look in the 12 month period?

If now i visit again in i.e 1st of September 2016 till 30th of September 2016, then the 12 month period will start from 1st October 2015 to 30th of September 2016?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:08 am

Calendula wrote:
Casa wrote:So taking into consideration your next visit, how will the balance of time in/out look in the 12 month period?

If now i visit again in i.e 1st of September 2016 till 30th of September 2016, then the 12 month period will start from 1st October 2015 to 30th of September 2016?
Yes. I suggest you carry with you paperwork showing your daughters hospital appointments to show your reason for visiting.
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:14 am

Casa wrote:
Calendula wrote:

Yes. I suggest you carry with you paperwork showing your daughters hospital appointments to show your reason for visiting.
Thanks

Actually i am not sure what is meant by frequent visit.
As what i percive is that in one visa visiting again and again, no matter i spend less time in UK and more time in home country, deems to be frequent visit.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:18 am

Yes you will be seen as a frequent visitor, which is why I've suggested you travel with the hospital related paperwork to justify the reason for your visits.
The challenge is in convincing the IO that you're not using your visitor visa to reside in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Each time i tell the IO that my purpose of visit is to meet my daughter and also to attend her hospital appointment.
Will these interval of visits create hurdle next time in granting me visa?
Or next time i should Apply to remain in the UK with family through PArent Route?
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:14 pm

The reason I asked earlier in the thread what your future intentions are, was due to considering whether you would want to settle in the UK eventually.
There may be a possibility that you would qualify either as an unmarried partner or a parent under the Family Reunion route as your daughter and her mother have refugee status.
As far as qualifying as an unmarried partner, did you live with your daughter's mother for a minimum of 2 years in a relationship 'akin to marriage' before your daughter and her arrived in the UK as refugees?
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:21 am

Casa wrote:The reason I asked earlier in the thread what your future intentions are, was due to considering whether you would want to settle in the UK eventually.
There may be a possibility that you would qualify either as an unmarried partner or a parent under the Family Reunion route as your daughter and her mother have refugee status.
As far as qualifying as an unmarried partner, did you live with your daughter's mother for a minimum of 2 years in a relationship 'akin to marriage' before your daughter and her arrived in the UK as refugees?

Actually my business is in my home country and i dont want to leave it.

If I use Parent Route how can i qualify? There is a condition that child should be in UK for seven years and my daughter is 1 year and 10months old.

We met in UK and became friend. We were just have phone contact in our home country. Yes in UK our friendship is more then 2 years old. I am also contributing money in upbringing of my daughter. I am in direct contact with mother of my daughter since December 2013. She applied for Assyl in Sep. 2014. Our relationship is mentioned in Assyl Application. She was granted RILR in Feb. 2015 along with my daughter.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:35 am

You don't qualify for the parent route as you aren't resident in the UK and you don't intend to settle here.
(Casa, not CR001)

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:37 am

Casa wrote:You don't qualify for the parent route as you aren't resident in the UK and you don't intend to settle here.

So every time i should apply for visitor visa?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:13 am

noajthan wrote:There's no visa for medical-related family visits.
All you can do is be aware of limitations with a UK visit visa and try not to overuse them.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Calendula

Post by Calendula » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:34 pm

noajthan wrote:
noajthan wrote:There's no visa for medical-related family visits.

I want to visit in the same intervals.

Will it be ok for next visa application?