ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for ILR under 14 years long residence concession

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saadinov
Newly Registered

Help needed for ILR under 14 years long residence concession

Post by saadinov » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Hello,

We want to apply for an ILR under the 14 years long residence concession. We both, my wife and me , want to submit our application. We have three children (triplet) , six years old, born in the UK and are in the second year of the primary school. My questions are as follows:

- Is there any difference ( chances of success and processing time ) in the application processing by the home office if we submit the application ourselves rather than through a solicitor?

- Should we apply as family or individually ?

- What processing time should we expect ?

- Can traffic offences affect our application ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Character
Newly Registered

Post by Character » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Saad,
I think it's worth it if you spend a Little bit of extra cash with a Good Solicitor just for your peace of mind.
in general the process time is between one month to three years, it depends on your case and the caseworker mood but don't worry lately they are processing this type of applications very fast and I heard they have a dead line: July 2011 to finish the backlog they have, so in your case you shouldn't worry too much.
check this Topic I hope you will find it useful:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... nce++years