ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office return my document without any letter.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dan12
Newly Registered

Home office return my document without any letter.

Post by Dan12 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Hello all I need your advice.

I apply for family life as a parent of British child in October 2014,in November I was sent a letter for further document .i sent the document to them on 26/11/2014.just yesterday 15/12/2014 I received a sign for from Royal Mail ,when I open the evelop all my document was there including my child passport but for my disappointed there is no letter from home office whether is approva or refused.
My passport was not there from the beginning because it has expired.

Am really confused,please help

prince.07

Re: Home office return my document without any letter.

Post by prince.07 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Which documents was requested? Did you have a solicitor?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 am

As you did not have a passport, you clearly should not have expected to receive one on the post.

However there should have been a letter accompanying the documents. Perhaps it may come separately.

Hopefully it will arrive shortly, and the BRP will follow if approved.

The documents appears to arrive at different intervals.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dan12
Newly Registered

Post by Dan12 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:11 am

[quote="prince.07"]Which documents was requested? Did you have solicitor

i did not use solicitor.Document requested:income,letter from gp,my partner passport,bank statement,tenancy agreement,etc.

prince.07

Post by prince.07 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:34 am

Lets hope the letter and BRP come on time or possibly call HO to find out. Wish you all the best.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 am

what sort of ID documents for yourself did you send then? driving license? birth, marriage certificates? did they all come back?
do you have current permission to remain in the UK but for what you applied for?

if you do not have any other current leave to remain, then they would have normally held on to whatever your ID documents they had, in case of a refusal, so return of your documents would be a good sign. perhaps they forgot to enclose a letter, i won't put it past them

i suggest you call DX customer service line, insist you know you have a letter on the way to you, and give your surname and post code. if it has been approved they will likely already have your brp in the system,
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

Dan12
Newly Registered

Post by Dan12 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:46 am

sagareva wrote:what sort of ID documents for yourself did you send then? driving license? birth, marriage certificates? did they all come back?
do you have current permission to remain in the UK but for what you applied for?

if you do not have any other current leave to remain, then they would have normally held on to whatever your ID documents they had, in case of a refusal, so return of your documents would be a good sign. perhaps they forgot to enclose a letter, i won't put it past them

i suggest you call DX customer service line, insist you know you have a letter on the way to you, and give your surname and post code. if it has been approved they will likely already have your brp in the system,

I didn't send them my passport or any iD from the beginning,only my child passport and partner passport and all my appointment letter from gp include nhs bill I sent them and everything came back.
I will call them as you advice and update you. Thanks