ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can i send my husband back to pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Esha
Newly Registered

How can i send my husband back to pakistan

Post by Esha » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Salam

I brought my huband over from pakistan basically he conned me and now hes gone only been in the uk for a year. I want to send him back

How can i do that

thanks

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 pm

You can't "send him back". However, if the marriage is no longer subsisting, you can certainly notify the UKBA in writing and let them know of the change in circumstances. He would then have to qualify in his own right (ie: work permit,etc) if he wants to stay.

Jeff Albright

Re: How can i send my husband back to pakistan

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 pm

Esha wrote: I want to send him back
The fact that you brought him to live with you in the UK does not mean that you "own" him. You cannot be in control of his life.

Whether he will be sent back or not is not up to you and is not your decision.

Your role is limited to:

1. Informing the Border Agency that you are not living together anymore
2. Informing them that you would not be supporting his application (if he submits one) for the further stay in that capacity
3. If you were subject to domestic violence and he is still acting unlawfully, you need to file your complaint to police so they could consider the necessary action.

It will be for the Border Agency to take any relevant action such as interviewing him and shortening his stay if necessary. If not then he will either be expected to depart at the end of his visa term or switch to another category he may qualify at the time.

Esha
Newly Registered

Post by Esha » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:57 pm

I know i can not just say send him back....

But hes only been in the uk for a year next year his 2 years are over.....

I have booked appointment with the solictor.... To send his passport back to the home office as he has ran off due to domestics ie raised a hand

I know cant turn around and say send him back....

I do know my case is pretty strong i will have very good chance.........................

Just came across this website just thought i would ask you know to see if anyone has bit of knowledge on it

thanks

esha

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:12 pm

There isn't much you can do immigration-wise, other than notify the relevant people that the marriage has broken down.

There's also no guarantee that he will leave the UK, so just make sure you take the steps to keep yourself safe. As the previous poster suggested, notify the police if appropriate, and see what your solicitor suggests as far as moving forward.

Best of luck.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:42 am

First of all you do not have the right to hold on to his passport. It is his document and it must be returned to him. Furthermore, you do not have the right to send it anywhere without his permission.

You need to watch yourself out there not to get yourself in the trouble with the law.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:59 am

And theres another painful lesson learned the hard way....

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Jeff Albright wrote:First of all you do not have the right to hold on to his passport. It is his document and it must be returned to him. Furthermore, you do not have the right to send it anywhere without his permission.

You need to watch yourself out there not to get yourself in the trouble with the law.
Take a copy of the passport, send it to UKBA and let them know you've got the original. If he asks for it back, you'd have to give it to him. If UKBA tell you to send it to them, you're unlikely to be deemed to have committed any offence by doing so, and he could always go them and ask for it. But send it recorded delivery.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:36 pm

this is her story in this equal world

who knows what is left in other part of the story

u may be exploiting a poor pakistani thinking u r gori mame , but fir bhi dil hai hindu + pakistani

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:24 pm

Jeff Albright wrote:First of all you do not have the right to hold on to his passport. It is his document and it must be returned to him. Furthermore, you do not have the right to send it anywhere without his permission.

Actually I disagree. He left his passport with her. She didn't hide it from him. Sending the passport to the HO is not wrong as she is clearly declaring she no longer sponsors him. Giving the HO the opportunity to revoke the visa by providing his passport is along the course of action she should take. He shouldnt have access to his passport so he can freely come in and out of the UK. His permission to stay is over, when he leaves then the HO can give him his passport which will be marked up accordingly.

Esha
Newly Registered

Post by Esha » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Hello

Its an arrange marriage he is from pakistan 1st day he come here he give me his his passport which i just left with mine weather you believe it of not thats up to you...

Just like he has not took anything at all his car clothes nothing

I know he will be back as he has done this before but i dont want him now

I dont really have to explain anything on here just wonded how it all worked.

Spoes we never had understanding i dont know i do know he will be back i cant keep doing this at all

Please keep your ideas of what happend or what didnt and how his passport stayed behinde nothing to do with anyone

This is an Arrange muslim marriage does not work like the rest......................

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:52 am

Dont blame arrange marriage system mostly followed in india

it may be ur greed which may hurt that person or either way

as a good person u should have enqured about his welbeing instead of sending him back / behind bars

any issue / diferrence can be sorted out mutually

this asian briths thinks that they are now gora / gori

for life style west , for family east and then

through partner on road , this is very common here

at present u should worry for his security rather than throwing out , there are elders to sort out other problems

dont exploit people due to yr status

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:Dont blame arrange marriage system mostly followed in india

as a good person u should have enqured about his welbeing instead of sending him back / behind bars

at present u should worry for his security rather than throwing out , there are elders to sort out other problems

Are you serious? Do you mean she should not protest and report her abuse to the authorities. If so, marriage does not mean I am your punching bag. Otherwise then don't come to the UK and stay Pakistan if you that is where it is normal to be abused and not expect any repercussions

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:44 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:Dont blame arrange marriage system mostly followed in india

What a load of BS!!!!

You are seriously in need of assistance - in the 'mental' dept!

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:22 pm

Sorry but I don't feel sorry for her. There are so many Asian brits get someone to marry from Pakistan and get paid for their marriage (dowry) to bring the husband over to UK. Now when that husband asks the wife (Uk born) to follow the Islamic lifestyle (as followed in their country) they refused to do since they are british Asian and the problem begins...

Why Asian brits do arrange marriage without knowing the person well...
(though it's not applicable to everyone)

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Esha wrote:

I dont really have to explain anything on here just wonded how it all worked.
You're quite right. Don't take any notice of these fatuous arguments.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:02 pm

You're quite right. Don't take any notice of these fatuous arguments.
Absolutely.
Sorry but I don't feel sorry for her.
The OP was not looking for sympathy, she was looking for practical advice regarding her options and I fail to see why she shouldn't get that without people slinging accusations and innuendo. Obviously nobody knows the full story, but if we are going to question every posters' motives and whether their story is genuine or make judgments, then what's the point of having a forum like this?
Now when that husband asks the wife (Uk born) to follow the Islamic lifestyle (as followed in their country)
Perhaps I'm naive, but going by observations of my Muslim friends and aquaintances I didn't realize that domestic violence was an "Islamic lifestyle". The OP plainly stated he "raised a hand" and regardless of religion, they are in the UK and it is illegal here, and nobody has to endure it, plain and simple.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:04 pm

GOLLYWOOD

U need to to check yr words before yr emotional brust

never go on one way story

why these people go to their root and seek alliance and then blame a visitor

no decent man will do voilence unless some thing extreme happend

still law is there to take care of it, not to ask help to send some one back

keeping his pasport and leaving him to fend on raod

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:49 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:Sorry but I don't feel sorry for her. There are so many Asian brits get someone to marry from Pakistan and get paid for their marriage (dowry) to bring the husband over to UK. Now when that husband asks the wife (Uk born) to follow the Islamic lifestyle (as followed in their country) they refused to do since they are british Asian and the problem begins...

Why Asian brits do arrange marriage without knowing the person well...
(though it's not applicable to everyone)
Hmmm, I don't see how the asian brits forced the guy to come to the UK, they could very well have stayed married in Pakistan. If he can't adapt to the UK culture and meet certain expectations, then he can stay in Pakistan.
Again, the bottom line is domestic violence is not acceptable anywhere so yes, he loses his visa, tough luck to him

murthyy

Post by murthyy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:43 pm

I am sorry friend but you seem to be speaking out of personal experiences. I would suggest rather empathise with her and think in terms of how you would feel if some one slapped you on the face and then how would you react ?

You are just making accusations without knowing her story as such. I agree there are always 2 sides of the coin but this immigrationboard intend to help those who come with their problems.

Domestic Violence is equally applicable for both men and women. I would suggest you come out of your male chauvinist attitude, the sooner the better for you.

- Murthy

Sushil-ACCA wrote:BRITISH laws are well equiped to deal these voilence and only court can decide who is guilty
this is her story in this equal world

who knows what is left in other part of the story

u may be exploiting a poor pakistani thinking u r gori mame , but fir bhi dil hai hindu + pakistani

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:BRITISH laws are well equiped to deal these voilence and only court can decide who is guilty
One aspect of the situation is violence and is covered by criminal law.
The other aspect is that if she wishes to withdraw sponsorship, it is an immmigration matter.

netacct

Post by netacct » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:29 pm

No one knows what might have happened except this couple.
Evey coin has two sides.

But why the hell settled immigrants prefer to marry someone from their country only and bring them here?

Aren't there enough people from your own religion, country, race already well settled here to choose from?

When more and more forced marriages/sham marriages come into picture HO get tougher and genuine people also has to suffer.

Lauranelson
BANNED

Post by Lauranelson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 am

IF you want your Ex back in 3 days..contact Email- xxxx…He is the best..
:D

Moderator edit: Email removed

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:27 am

Lauranelson wrote:IF you want your Ex back in 3 days..contact Email- xxxxxx…He is the best..
:D
This thread is almost 9 years old :!: :shock: I have removed your spam email link. If you post in this manner again your account will be terminated.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.