ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do we know if an unrecorded letter was sent by UKBA?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hip999
Newly Registered

How do we know if an unrecorded letter was sent by UKBA?

Post by hip999 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:34 pm

On an FLR(M) application made a while ago it states that no enquiries can be made as to the progress of the application.
So, if UKBA sends any communication and it is lost in the post then I would never know ... until such time as they refuse the application because I did not respond to their letter! It concerns me that I have heard nothing about my Biometrics appointment but that I cannot contact them to ask if the letter has been sent. And I think the letter is just sent by normal post and not signed for.
So what do I do?
This situation seems very unfair on applicants, who may suffer a refusal simply because UKBA is not willing to spend a little of the VAST fees they charge so they can send by recorded delivery important letters.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 am

On guide it said ukba will attempt two times for biometric appointment. So if first one missed you might get the second one.

hip999
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by hip999 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 am

But why do they not use recorded? They get enough in the fees they charge.
It is like the tax authorities .... if we do not prove we have sent then we are in trouble ... but if we cannot prove they did not send then we (again) are in trouble.
Life is not fair but government should not make it worse.