ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does this effect us?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MrGW
Newly Registered

How does this effect us?

Post by MrGW » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum as I guess I'm asking about two different things so sorry if it's not.

My fiance is Australian and moved to the UK on a fiance visa. However, we've kind of realised that we're not really ready for marriage, yeah we love each other but we were marrying because it was the only option for her to be in the UK. We've decided we need more time as we would rather get married because we really want to and not because we have to in order to remain together.

We have now decided that we're going to give it a try in Australia, I'm thinking I shall get a working holiday visa for a year and then after another year together we will be more sure about things.

What I want to know is, firstly, when I apply for the working holiday visa, will they have info that says I've been mentioned on a fiance visa and question me about it?

Secondly, how will not using this visa effect any future UK visa applications my girlfriend may make or indeed would it effect me should I in a years time, apply for an Australian fiance/marriage visa?

Any advice much appreciated,

Kind regards,

GW

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Not using the fiancee visa won't cause problems in the future. You may want to explain why it wasn't used, but there is no reason it will have a negative effect.

I can't really answer about the Australian visa, but I can't see why there would be a problem.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!