ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to help my family immigrate to uk?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vb3d

How to help my family immigrate to uk?

Post by Vb3d » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 pm

I live and work in UK, I hold British nationality as well as an Arab nationality.
As you probably know, lots of Arab countries had revolutions, and some didn't rest after this, and the situation there is really bad.
My family (father, mother, brothers and sisters) wish they move to the much saver and stable UK, specially with wars spreading there and threatening lives and assets.
I have one British brother and one British sister there among the family, I am the only British national family member who is living in UK.
My father thought about selling his house there, could make up to 250,000 GBP, but it won't be possible to transfer such big money to the UK, it will raise the concern of money laundering, also, I don't think the authorities there would allow such big money to leave the country anyway.

So, I would really appreciate any ideas on what type of visa or and other ideas they can do to move to the UK and settle here

Thank you in advance

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: How to help my family immigrate to uk?

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:05 pm

The short answer is:

a) A visa under their own right which they can apply for - e.g. a tier point based visa, a work based visa or a student visa
or b) Asylum if they qualify.

There isn't an 'extended family' visa for the UK.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:13 pm

£250,000 isn't a lot in UK terms I'm afraid...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Of course - if the 250k could be liquidated and held in a registered financial institution - then your father could apply for the tier 1 entrepreneur visa (https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/overview).

The problem with this visa is that it lasts 3 years and when you go to extend - you have to show you actually started the business with the money - and the visa also places a restriction that they cannot work doing anything else.

He'd also have to prove english language skills.

He could bring your mother under that visa as a dependent - but assuming the other brothers/sisters are adults - they wouldn't qualify.

Note: Buying residential property isn't considered for this visa - so doing that through a shell company would result in the money being considered 'not invested' and the extension would be refused.

The other bit that might cause a problem is if the funds cannot be freely transferred to the UK (which you alluded to before). If that is the case then the money is pointless anyway - as was this entire post to be honest if that's the case.