ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if visit visa is denied

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anj.83
Newly Registered

if visit visa is denied

Post by anj.83 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi,
I've noticed that a lot of general visit visa applications are being refused. So, what I would like to know is if a visit visa is denied, will it affect future visa applications?

Basically, my fiance wishes to visit me in the UK, for the duration of 3 weeks. and will be applying for a visit visa. However, if his visa is refused, will it affect him when he applies for a spouse visa after we marry early next year?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :D

p.s. i am a British citizen, born and raised in the uk, he is indian, but lives and works in gambia....i dont know if that helps.

Casa

Re: if visit visa is denied

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:59 pm

A visitor visa refusal won't affect his spouse visa application as long as he is truthful in all information given on both applications. Visitor visas are often refused if there is no evidence of strong ties to the country of residence and there is a relationship existing with someone living in the UK. i.e the case worker is likely to suspect there's a strong reason to overstay the visa. Don't be tempted to withhold the information that your relationship exists in the visitor visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.