ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal immigrant without passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hollytree
Newly Registered

Post by Hollytree » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi again.

My friend is going to marry an illegal immigrant (guy). I advised that they will need to show their passports to the Registrar. The guy said he lost his passport a few years ago. What does it mean that he has no passport? Can they still get married? Can he still apply to remain in UK with his fiancé.

Thanks in advance.

Seneca

Re: Illegal immigrant without passport

Post by Seneca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Does he have other forms of ID like driving license, birth certificate etc? There is always a chance if the registrar is not satisfied s(he) might informed UKBA.

Hollytree
Newly Registered

Post by Hollytree » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 pm

He doesn't have any other ID. He has his school certificates, but I doubt that will be ID. Can he apply for a new passport from his home country?

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Hollytree wrote:He doesn't have any other ID. He has his school certificates, but I doubt that will be ID. Can he apply for a new passport from his home country?
Absolutely if he go there, but if he want to apply from here in UK some embassy will need need old passport and some sort of proof of legal stay plus they might want to take his fingerprints and for him to sign documents in the presence of one embassy office, then they will issue new passport. I am not sure which country he is from. They might have different arrangements.

R1yan
Newly Registered

Post by R1yan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi

I am new to the forum and speaking on behalf of my husband. I find this site very helpful and full of information. My husband has been in this country for 13 years. he came to this country in 2000 on work permit after two years he applied for extension while he was working with an established accounting firm. However HO refused his application then he appealed but it was put down by HO again since then he became overstayer. I met my husband in 2003 and since then we are together. I came to this country on student visa and have finished my study and completed 10 years in 2013 September and my ILR application is with HO at the moment. Since we are from two different countries (my fiancé is from India and I am from neighbouring country) and different religion. However as my husband accepted Islam and we have done nikah in a mosque since we could not do a registry marriage because of my his legal status.

My husband was first detained in 2009 and again in 2011 but was released and started going for signing since 2011 August without any break. A solicitor has been working on behalf of us since 2011. However my husband was again detained by NRC on 22nd of January 2014 from his signing centre in spit of his pending case with HO.
Our legal representative had contacted NRC several times explaining the case that it has been a mistake from the part of NRC to detain him on 22nd of January. Our solicitor has received HO acknowledgement letter on 20th of January on my husband's recent application of FLR (FP) which clearly defines that his case is with Home Office for a decision to be made but it is unfortunate that NRC ignored Home Office acknowledgement letter and they were reluctant to look into the case with the firm intention to detained him on 22th of January without giving him enough reasonable clarification why he should be detained apart from chances of abscond.

Meanwhile our Solicitor has received the biometric letter from the Home Office issued on 25th of January however, my husband is still detained inside the Immigration Removal Centre in London but today he is transferred to a immigration centre in Dover. The Solicitor has requested NRC by providing all the relevant documents received from Home office in order to rationalise his release from the detention centre on temporary admission. However, NRC has rejected the request showing the same cause of absconding. NRC's decision is hindering the progress of the application, and furthermore, he is required to give his biometric within the 15days time of the letter issued. It seems like what NRC is Doing HO is not aware of and visa versa. I wonder how I could manage both NRC and HO to look at the case at the same time for NRC to realise the status of his application.

Our Solicitor is asking us to go for bail application but we are not sure what is best for us at the moment. Pease advice me on this, your advice would be vey much appreciated.

Thank you

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:50 pm

why are not listening to your solicitor. Bail application seems like quicker way to get him out.
Anyway you can find more info regarding detention and what to do here http://www.ncadc.org.uk/toolkit/detention.html

R1yan
Newly Registered

Post by R1yan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Thank you Senica for your reply and the link. Yes we are considering going for bail however since my husband's detention by NRC is unlawful and a misunderstanding between HO and NRC, I wrote my local MP to interfere in this matter. MP has contacted HO today and waiting for a response. I am not sure if HO response is going a typical response as everyone gets but I will wait for a reply and then make decision whether to go for bail.
I would appreciate if any other senior member suggest other possibilities that may help my husband's case.

Thank you

Pam4ts1
Newly Registered

Post by Pam4ts1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Here goes:-)
i'm asking on behalf of my dear friend. she came into this country 20years ago with a valid passport. she was a nanny from the philippines to a chinese couple. she was with them for 7years wand then the couple decided to go to USA. she was allowed to stay on in the uk and got a 9-5. (years ago she could could do that apparently) anyway, she got talking with a lovely neighbour and she found out her husband worked for ukba so he asked if he could help her fill in the form cos her english wasnt good. he told her not to worry and that he'll sort it all out for her. he filled in the form, sent it in with her passport and she waited and waited and waited. a few months after she said the ukba had lost her passport. she got scared and did nothing (im still mad at her dont worry). so, over the years she met someone and fell in love but they never got married. a few years ago i got a solicitor for her to sort it out but we were too late, the law had changed from 15years to 20 yrs for an illegal immigrant. its been 20years and she just got a letter through the door saying she will be removed in 7 days, shes scared and doesnt kknow what to do so i need any help i can get before going to the solicitor on monday. should she get married? is it easier? shes been with her partner for many years (dont ask me why they didnt tie the knot).

I'd really appreciate it if i could get some solid suggestions and not things should have done differently please. thank you