ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for parents access to child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kuldip
Newly Registered

ILR for parents access to child

Post by kuldip » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 pm

hi
i have got leave to remain on basis of parents access to child with the contact order from court and I got visa for 1 year..

now i want to apply for ILR .
could you please advice me..
1)which application form i need to fill to apply and i can do it by myself...last time I field through by my immigration solicitor..
2)what sort of proof I need to show them that baby visit to me on regular basis in contact centre...and what proof i should show them about active roll in child up bring..
thanks
[/b]

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:09 pm

1. SET(O).
2. Any sort of documentary evidence(s) that prove 248D(ii)-(iii). Sorry, but I can't be more specific than that ... as I don't know. :cry:
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Get a letter from the contact centre supervisor to prove you are still having contact with the child.

How old is the child?

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:36 pm

baby is only 2 years and other thing is my contact is not supervise

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:40 pm

do i need to go through immigration solicitor

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 pm

kuldip wrote:baby is only 2 years and other thing is my contact is not supervise
but is there someone at the contact centre who can confirm the contact is still taking place?

is your ex willing to write a letter to confirm this?

Can you provide photos of yourself with your child?

Do you and your ex have a parenting plan?

Are there ongoing contact proceedings?

Does your child go to nursery and if so are you involved in taking/picking the child up from the nursery?

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:12 pm

contact centre can give me attendance sheet and yes i got photo's with baby...and i got all contact orders..

the final hearing of the contact proceeding is next year march..

i need to apply in dec...

i paying child support money through CSC..
i m full time eploy

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:14 pm

i m not involving to pick up the child from nursery bec still court isn't given me that access

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 pm

kuldip wrote:contact centre can give me attendance sheet and yes i got photo's with baby...and i got all contact orders..

the final hearing of the contact proceeding is next year march..

i need to apply in dec...

i paying child support money through CSC..
i m full time eploy

provide evidence of all of this. doesn't matter that contact proceedings are not finalised - this is still good evidence to show that you intend to play a part in your child's upbringing by pursuing increased contact - if you have a family sol ask him/her to write a letter confirming the stage of the proceedings and if you have filed a position statement or similar provide this also.

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 pm

i don't have any plan with ex- but in final hearing that will short out by court

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:18 pm

kuldip wrote:i don't have any plan with ex- but in final hearing that will short out by court
a parenting plan isn't something the court decides - a parenting plan is something parents draft together setting out their plans for the upbringing of the child including, religous, education, health etc. If you haven't gone to mediation or things are not on a good par with your ex then you probably don'thave this.

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 pm

yes in 2 nd hearing court asked both of us to file and serve the statement how to improve the contact and my ex - is written in that she want contact in centre till 2013 but me in my statement written that i want contact away from centre...and i mentions plane...

is it enough to show my intention to continue have contact with baby ..as required

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:22 pm

yes i didn't went to through mediation but CAFCASS is involved...next week CAFCASS ia also coming to see me with baby as court given order in last hearing bec I want contact away from centre

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:22 pm

kuldip wrote:yes in 2 nd hearing court asked both of us to file and serve the statement how to improve the contact and my ex - is written in that she want contact in centre till 2013 but me in my statement written that i want contact away from centre...and i mentions plane...

is it enough to show my intention to continue have contact with baby ..as required
yes.

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 pm

as I don't have family plane then how i will show them the taking role in upbring

other thing by filling the SET(O) can I apply by myself as last time i went to solicitor

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:30 pm

kuldip wrote:as I don't have family plane then how i will show them the taking role in upbring

-I have already answered that - by showing evidence of ongoing contact proceedings and also write a statement explaining what you want your role to be (including info about your child's religous, cultural, educational upbringing etc)

No you don't need a sol unless you want one.

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:36 pm

is it possible that position of proceeding can be shown by showing recent contact order ..yes i got family sol otherwise...

can i apply through premium services

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 pm

last question what do you think that I got enough evidence to get ILR...as i told you and if you think any additional thing i should be aware of please tell me..thanks for u r great help

kuldip
Newly Registered

Post by kuldip » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:31 pm

kuldip wrote:last question what do you think that I got enough evidence to get ILR...as i told you and if you think any additional thing i should be aware of please tell me..thanks for u r great help