Isam wrote:I have been on Permit Free training visa for 6.5 years and now on HSMP for 2.5 ,
No the child and his mother are both dependant on my visa ,
1. Once you are granted ILR, you can immediately
apply for your UK-born child to be registered as a British citizen under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act.
2. One year after you get ILR, you can apply for naturalisation as a British citizen.
3. Your spouse will need to make a separate application for a spouse visa once you have ILR. She will get spouse ILR after 2 years, unless she can make her own "10 year rule" application before then.
4. If you have become British by then, your spouse can apply for naturalisation immediately once she gets ILR, if she then has at least 3 years legal residence in the UK.
5. You will need to do the Life in the UK Test to get ILR. As will your spouse, in due course. http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk