ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Student PBS and Refugee

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gulb
Newly Registered

ILR for Student PBS and Refugee

Post by gulb » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 pm

hi everyone i am posting this post on behalf of my friend who really need help.your suggestion and advise would be highly appreciated n this regard.

" i came to this country in sep 2004 as a student, in August,2008, i went back to my country in order to stamp my work permit visa whilst i was then had a vaild student visa till 2009, i return in sep 2008 to the uk on work permit, then i got problem with my job and was made redundant in 2012, the nature of my job was that it posed a threat to my life, so i applied asylum and the application was granted in 2012, now i am on asylum visa valid till 2017 along with my wife and four children. I wish to explain that my family came to the UK in 2007 as my dependant and still are, my question is that now I have been living here for 10 years, am i eligible for the 10 years route?
my second qestion is that my wife can't do the english test, if i apply for indefint, can she remain on her dependant visa for refugee. I have four children, two of them born here".
many thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR for Student PBS and Refugee

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Insofar as you have acquired 10 continuous valid years, yes. B1 English and LIUK required.
349 wrote:If the principal applicant is granted
asylum or humanitarian protection and leave to enter or remain any spouse, civil partner,
unmarried or same-sex partner or minor child will be granted leave to enter or remain for the
same duration.
In order to settle as a refugee then the applicant must meet the requirement of 339R (click).

Regarding the English requirement do note that:
page 10 wrote:People applying in the following categories do not need to meet the KoLL requirement:

 people applying for indefinite leave to remain following five years residence in the UK
as a refugee
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.