ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Spouse) doc evidence - bankk statement duplicates?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

reverend
Newly Registered

ILR (Spouse) doc evidence - bankk statement duplicates?

Post by reverend » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Hello all,

My wife and I have her ILR coming up in a couple of weeks. We have been gathering together all of the documentary evidence that we can find to show that we have been living together for the last 2 years. We have it all organised in a folder with dividers for each of the last 24 months. We have a few joint things, but for many of the earliest months, we only have things addressed to us separately (but at the same address, so they should be okay).

However, there are a 3 months where we are missing a piece of evidence addressed to one or the other of us. My question is, does anyone know if it is permissible to use duplicates for bank statements, that we could order from our banks? I know the form set M states that copies are not permissable, but these would be official duplicates, not photocopies. Another problem though, might be that these would have our current address on them, not the address that we were living in during the missing months.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

John

Post by John » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:19 pm

As regards the address point, that should not be a problem as the form requires details of all addresses during the previous three years. So as long as the evidence shows both of you lived together at "Address A", before moving on to live together at "Address B", then it will not be a problem.

I think a duplicate bank statement is OK. As you say it must not be a mere photocopy.
John

Euclase
Newly Registered

Post by Euclase » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:52 pm

I think you should be fine, when I applied for my FLR two years ago I had a few missing bank statement from our joint account, this wasnt a problem though, provided you are with a high street bank just go in and ask for them to print of your missing statments, and ask for it to be on offical paper.

I did the same for missing payslips I had, luckily for me I worked in my payroll department so just re-printed them on ordinary paper and had my boss sign it off with the relevant company stamp certifying they were genuine copies.

Best of luck with your wife's ILR application, I'm about to do mine in a few weeks and now have my folder ready as well. Let us know how you get on :D

reverend
Newly Registered

Post by reverend » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:03 pm

Thanks both for advice! I'll let you know what happens