ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Imigration marrige and divorce

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Borys123
Newly Registered

Imigration marrige and divorce

Post by Borys123 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:59 pm

HELLO
I'm Polish and live in UK for almost 10 years now. About 7 years ago I fell in love with an Indian man who Iives in USA. I thought he loves me , so I married him in Florida. We used to live together for about 3 years in UK and USA as he couldn't stay here longer than 6 months. I left him because I realised that it's not want I want. He is 20 years older than me and all what he wants is just British Citizenship so be can stay here permanently. When I asked for divorce he said no and he will tell everything to my family in Poland which will be disaster for me and he'll destroy me. Few months ago he applied for EEA for both of us and soon I'll get decision.
The problem is that we I left him few years later I met polish man. I love him and he loves me, we want to be together. About 6 mo the ago my polish boyfriend found out about my marrige. I want divorce my husband (I hate even to call him that) and e happy with my Polish boyfriend. Could anyone tell me what I can do? All the paper work for EEA are sent to Home Office. The Indian man said when he gets his EEA he'll live me alone and gives me divorce but I don't know if I can belive him... My Polish boyfriend doesn't like it and he wants divorce to happen now. Please , help me. As it feels like I'm not going to be happy ever again.
Thank you

noajthan

Re: Imigration marrige and divorce

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Unclear what hubby has actually applied for.
Spending just 3 years in UK and US in chunks of 6 months at a time entitles him to nothing in UK or EU at the moment.

Why not divorce and live your life.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Borys123
Newly Registered

Re: Imigration marrige and divorce

Post by Borys123 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi thank you for your replay. I wasn't sure how this forum and website works thus I wasn't entirely honest. After I got married to this guy in Florida we lived in USA for 1 month and then I went back to UK. He joined me after 6 months and from then we lived together for 3 years. After 2 years of leaving together in UK we opened a business. We lived together for another year and then I realised that it's not want I want; I left. Before we got married we agreed that if I help him to get visa he'll give me some money. I don't want any money I don't want anything from him. I just want to start new life with my boyfriend. I'm scarred because all the paper work is now sent to Home Office for me and husband. In 2 months time Home Office will decide about my EEA and Visa for him. I'm not sure if I should apply for divorce now or wait? I'm scarred about consequences ? I felt in love with this man I wanted to help him and he would help me. That was the biggest mistake in my life. Please, could you tell me what to do? I'm so scarred....