ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration advice needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Busman
Newly Registered

Immigration advice needed

Post by Busman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:04 am

Hi

I am currently 26 years old I have lived in the UK for about 25 years and a few months. My Mother came to the UK with me as a baby and my siblings in 1990. My Mother was granted ILR to remain back in 2000/2001. During that time period we moved from house to house 9 times and the last move was in 2010. During the moves we lost paper work that stated me and my other siblings as having ILR and only copy's my mother could find was her copy and my youngest brother.

My eldest sister was refused for applying for her passport back in 2007/2008 and was requested to first have ILR. When she sent the correct paperwork forms and funds she was told she already had one and was sent her money back.

I noticed my lack of Id and ability to show proof I had ILR in 2010. I have not been able to apply for a new ILR as I have been told I do not have one. I contacted a local solicitor that was able to take on my case and apply for legal aid after I sent proof that my mother was supporting me and that I lived with her. The solicitor took 2 years to get a reply from the border agency stating I did not have ILR and was here illegally. I was not happy and contacted my local MP who had the same reply 2 weeks later stating the same thing.

Not been able to work as I do not have correct papers to work. Contacting many lawyers have quoted £1000 or more to deal with my problem but I am unemployed and have never been able to get a job due to this issue. Lack of funds also brings about more issues such as dental and heath care. Last time I received any of them was when I was at collage for my final year taking my A levels. Been staying at home for the last 5 years afraid to leave and unable to get any help that won't cost me and arm and a leg. Unable to open a bank account due to lack of ID as I never had this issue until I left collage when it became more apparent. I finished collage just before my 20th birthday and had a HSBC bank account opened during secondary school and have since lost the account since they requested ID brought in for new card in 2010.

My family isn't wealthy and most of my siblings are in the same boat as me but not as bad. My younger sister is at university she was born here but has no ILR documents but has gotten by and gotten work using her birth certificate. I also have two younger brothers who were born here and have been able to work because they had a birth certificate. The siblings older then me have been able to get jobs or passports but. They are currently not in a position to help me out financially as times are getting hard for all of them.

What can I do to resolve this or get at least something I can use to work with because at this point in time I don't mind shovelling horse **** for £1h and living like this is bound to drive me to depression. Currently living with my mother and younger brothers and being supported by my mother who lost her job in September of last year.

Also all my family lives in the UK including my father who remarried in 1993 I think and has a UK passport but we are not on good terms as he requested DNA tests. My sister allowed the test and it came back as a match but I was insulted and refused to speak with him and he has not paid any type of child support and last time I saw him as a child was when I was 8. Only I and my younger sister who was born in 1992 have the same father my older siblings father died in the war we fled and my younger brothers is British.I think my dad has like 12-15 other children from 4 marriages after my mother in total excluding me and my sister but I have never met any of them. My mothers sisters live in the UK and Sweden and my only language I can speak is English but my spelling isn't very good :p. Never left the UK and have gone to school and finished secondary and collage. Have my collage BTEC and A level certificates but lost my school ones but I think I can apply for new ones not sure if I will need ID :/.

Any advice would be appreciated and sorry for the bad grammar and spelling I am dyslexic.

vinny

Re: Immigration advice needed

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:05 am

Try SAR for you and your mother and your father, as there may be evidence that you were included in your mother's or father's ILR application.

Ask your former schools, universities, doctors, hospitals or employers, etc., if they kept any records showing your status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Busman
Newly Registered

Post by Busman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks will send it off asap and hope for the best.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:35 am

There are some Surprised Brits with similar problems.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Busman
Newly Registered

Post by Busman » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks vinny will be posting off on Monday and will wait for a reply. Will look into that link you sent thanks again.

Busman
Newly Registered

Post by Busman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Been a long time but my mother received her information request back in february this year. Little was listed about me other than one incomplete application dated in 2005 due to insufficient funds.

From what i can understand, my mother wanted naturalization but the lawyer she approached applied for Indefinite leave to remain for me and my younger siblings. I should point out my older siblings had not been included due to being too old to include in one application.

After this I have contacted my local MP and one of the deputy ministers in the immigration department but have only received a reply from my MP. MEPs did not reply also.

I have three conflicting reasons from the immigration department for reasons I do not have ILR, my question is if I have applied for a Biometric card and they have sent me a letter requesting I get scanned is this postive for me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:35 pm

I have three conflicting reasons from the immigration department for reasons I do not have ILR, my question is if I have applied for a Biometric card and they have sent me a letter requesting I get scanned is this postive for me?
No, it does not mean anything, positive or negative. All applicants are required to enroll their biometric information once they receive the letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Busman
Newly Registered

Post by Busman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:35 pm
No, it does not mean anything, positive or negative. All applicants are required to enroll their biometric information once they receive the letter.
Thank you, did not want to get my hopes up. If failed would the application fee be partially refunded?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:06 pm

No, if your application is refused, you lose the fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.