ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian GF tourist Visa, for English boy?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cosimo83
Newly Registered

Indian GF tourist Visa, for English boy?

Post by cosimo83 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:59 pm

hello,

my Indian girlfriend who i met whilst in Bombay has just been refused a tourist visa. i was sponsoring her. i work for a reputable British company, provided a pay slip, utility bill, 6 months of statements (last statement stated just £160 but i have an overdraft of 1000). i now have more money in my account. can anyone advise me to the next step, for example how long should we wait to reapply? she is an unemployed student in Bombay. i will change the cover letter, refer to the refusal letter, highlighting finances, and shorten her amount of time here. i had stated a month previously.

james

Casa

Re: Indian GF tourist Visa, for English boy?

Post by Casa » Wed May 04, 2016 6:28 pm

The crucial key to any successful visitor visa application is to submit very strong reasons for a return to the home country without overstaying. Did she provide evidence of home ties? An unemployed student is unlikely to convince the Entry Officer that she has any firm commitments in India. Generally the ECO will look for ties such as long term ongoing study, permanent employment, property ownership, or dependent family. Did you submit documented evidence of her studies?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Remove yourself from the picture for a moment and work on what would she needed to have shown/included for a tourist visa. The GF BF angle would have hurt the application IMHO.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cosimo83
Newly Registered

Post by cosimo83 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:34 pm

thank you for the response. no we didn't provide evidence of her study. the main issues were finance, me being the sponsor. i have asked my father to transfer 500 pounds into my account and i have recently been paid, so my savings account has a total 1,400. we will get a letter from her university in Mumbai stating her study and apply again a month from now. any issues that may arise? should we stager fathers money over the course of 2 months. what is wrong with these nazi home office lot? i just want a summer romance with a girl i met in Bombay

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Unfortunately, the innocent are victims of the guilty who enter as a visitor and then overstay. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat May 07, 2016 4:45 pm

cosimo83 wrote:... what is wrong with these nazi home office lot? i just want a summer romance with a girl i met in Bombay
There is no girlfriend/boyfriend type visa in UK immigration; nor under EU route.

Think about it, the whole world would use such a route if there was one.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Plus in general international relationships statistically don't last, just look at all the divorced/separated threads on the board, especially in the EU sub-forum.

So it makes sense to require people to show levels of commitment before chucking visas around.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cosimo83
Newly Registered

Post by cosimo83 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:17 am

i am not getting married to her. i just want to show her the UK. we met whilst in Bombay. only finances were mentioned in the refusal letter, so with the added 1000 pounds, which we will refer to in the refusal letter, then that should be enough?

cosimo83
Newly Registered

Post by cosimo83 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 am

also, would it matter, if we re-applied straight away, with the extra 1000 showing on my statement

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 08, 2016 8:28 am

You can apply whenever you want, but be aware although lack of evidence showing ties to your girlfriend's home country wasn't given as a reason in this refusal, another Entry Clearance Office may assess the next application differently. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

cosimo83
Newly Registered

Post by cosimo83 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:37 am

last time she supplied property papers in the name of her father and a letter written by her father. she is studying distance learning at the University of Mumbai.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 08, 2016 8:53 am

The ECO would only be interested in property ownership if it was the father applying for his own visitor visa. 'Distance study' may not be overly convincing of home ties but it's certainly worth including in the application.
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 9:35 am

cosimo83 wrote:also, would it matter, if we re-applied straight away, with the extra 1000 showing on my statement
It's not about having money in UK and coming here; it's going to be more about the going back at the end of the trip.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cosimo83
Newly Registered

Post by cosimo83 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:20 am

right, even though finances were only brought up in the letter. till she gets a job i may as well forget it then. this country!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 08, 2016 10:50 am

Think about it this way. She is, at the moment, only your girlfriend and only applying for a tourist visa. One of the moderators on this site had a 9 year struggle to get their spouse to this country.

Pretty much the only way to get family now into the UK is through the Surinder Singh route, which will be tightened if we stay in the EU and dropped altogether if we leave.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.