ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invalid due to Biometric

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Invalid due to Biometric

Post by smuk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi All,
I didn't received 1st BRP letter but received 2nd letter from ukba with instruction, i now have 17 working days to give Biometric (letter was dated 13 march 2014).

I gave Biometric on 7th April 2014 which i believe was still on time. But on 9th April 2014 i received letter from UKBA stating my application is INVALID as i didn't give Biometric (letter was dated 7th April 2014).

Am i missing something here, i thought i should count day no 1from 14th of march but looks like they counted from 13th . Is that how they count the days, the day they write to me, i am not psyco to predict they wrote to me on 7th.

Any thought/ suggestion.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Invalid due to Biometric

Post by Zee ali » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm

smuk wrote:Hi All,
I didn't received 1st BRP letter but received 2nd letter from ukba with instruction, i now have 17 working days to give Biometric (letter was dated 13 march 2014).

I gave Biometric on 7th April 2014 which i believe was still on time. But on 9th April 2014 i received letter from UKBA stating my application is INVALID as i didn't give Biometric (letter was dated 7th April 2014).

Am i missing something here, i thought i should count day no 1from 14th of march but looks like they counted from 13th . Is that how they count the days, the day they write to me, i am not psyco to predict they wrote to me on 7th.

Any thought/ suggestion.
Hi

U did a mistake bro

17 working days start from letter date which is 13th march not 14th . u should give biometric by 4th april as 17th working day

deadline finished on 4th April friday.

but u gave it on 7th april moday , 18th working day which is more than 17 working day.

when HO send u warning letter than they monitor your response very closely and in your case they did the same.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Jyde0608
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde0608 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:42 pm

You did the right thing as your first date of count is always from the next working day on the date of the letter,so in your case you did it on the last date and don't be confused, I hope you have sorted this otherwise seek legal help.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Jyde0608 wrote:You did the right thing as your first date of count is always from the next working day on the date of the letter,so in your case you did it on the last date and don't be confused, I hope you have sorted this otherwise seek legal help.
Jyde0608

Its written on bio letter that u have 15 working days from date of this letter not the next working day.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Jyde0608
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde0608 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Yes I know that's what it says but you start counting from next day,it's just like appeal deadline letters from the courts which says five working days and I have faxed my appeal on the 6th day counting from the day of the letter on 2 occasions without any Robles,I have also done my biometric on the 16th day if you count from the next day of the letter
Why they say from the date of the letter is because some says " from the day you recieve the letter not date on the letter"hence if it says from the date of the letter that means they don't expect you to count from the day you recieve it but next working day.

However, if the home office insist it's out of time, then it would be a matter of court to solve.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Jyde0608 wrote:Yes I know that's what it says but you start counting from next day,it's just like appeal deadline letters from the courts which says five working days and I have faxed my appeal on the 6th day counting from the day of the letter on 2 occasions without any Robles,I have also done my biometric on the 16th day if you count from the next day of the letter
Why they say from the date of the letter is because some says " from the day you recieve the letter not date on the letter"hence if it says from the date of the letter that means they don't expect you to count from the day you recieve it but next working day.

However, if the home office insist it's out of time, then it would be a matter of court to solve.
That's why always play safe.