ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is asylum app for another country ground for Tier 4 refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nebuchadnezzarc
Newly Registered

Is asylum app for another country ground for Tier 4 refusal

Post by Nebuchadnezzarc » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:16 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry that the first two posts I have on this website are questions, but I'll try to help others around if I can from now on.
Anyway, I'm from Iraq, if that helps, and I successfully earned an offer to study at a university in UK as an undergraduate, now I'm applying for a tier 4 visa and I wanted to ask: if I was a refugee in Jordan 3 years ago and, while I was there, I requested asylum at UNHCR to travel to US, would I be refused a Tier 4 (General) Visa?
I had to go through hard times, and that forced me to seek refuge in Jordan and US. After some time my situation got better and I returned to Iraq while my application was still being processed. So I'm no longer in need of asylum, I really hope there's some way I can prove that to show that I'm not going to apply for asylum just as I arrive in UK, because I think this is UK's biggest concern.

It would be great if you could also advise me as to whether it's better to mention my reason for travelling to Jordan, or to just hide it and say something like "I was visiting relatives" instead. The good thing is that UNHCR usually deletes the applications they receive within 5 months if the applicant doesn't renew, which in my case I didn't. But the bad thing is that visiting relatives is not a good excuse as I overstayed in Jordan for 3 months and It's all written on my passport. Even the overstay fee is written on my passport. So maybe the visa staff get suspicious and go search some databases, and if UNHCR didn't completely delete my application, they might find out about it; a very negative consequence for me as I am desperate for an education.
All in all, given how risky it is for me to not tell the visa staff about my asylum past, it still worth it if asylum is a mandatory ground for refusal, because I'm not gonna get the visa anyway so I might as well lie. And if asylum is a ground for refusal, do you think I should do that?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Is asylum app for another country ground for Tier 4 refu

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:27 pm

first of all how would you assure the ukvi that you will not claim an asylum in the UK? circumstances keep on changing with time therefore the case worker would say that fair enough you dont need an asylum now but how can you guarantee the future?

secondly i do not think that any data is deleted so easily from any of the governmental systems. but unlikely that they will go in that depths to look about you unless they have other concerns.

the whole point is to understand that getting an admission from universities is not a difficult job because universities look into the educational and academic side of the student and a little about the immigration side, if the student is coming to the UK for the first time because the prospective student would not have a UK immigration history as its the first entry clearance.

now, about lying, i would never suggest you do that because if you lie and you are caught lying, then you would get a 10 year ban on using deception as a way to get visa.. so no lying at all. infact better to tell the truth. to hide one lie you will have to make 100 more lies, i dont think you want to do that.

other options for you are to go to dubai or other middle eastern countries, UK and other international universities have presence their these days. much easier, cheaper and better way to get education and also job once you finish your education.