ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Live-In Relationship With Ex After Divorce

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mannomisha
Newly Registered

Live-In Relationship With Ex After Divorce

Post by mannomisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 am

I came to UK as student in 2014, after finishing my studies in 2015 I got married to a British national, and I got visa till 2018. But unfortunately due to some reason and mutual consent we get divorced. I'll get my final divorce papers in February 2017. Now what will happen to my remaining visa status? What other options I can have? My ex suggested to show a live in relationship for further visa. Is it possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Live-In Relationship With Ex After Divorce

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 am

Your ex has an obligation to inform HO that the relationship is no longer subsisting and report on the prescribed form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form
Now what will happen to my remaining visa status?
Your visa will be curtailed/cancelled as you are no longer entitled to a spouse visa.
What other options I can have?

Find another visa category you qualify for (tier 4, tier 2...). Do you have children?
My ex suggested to show a live in relationship for further visa. Is it possible?
That is deception. How do you think you could possible prove to HO that you are in a subsisting unmarried partner relationship after being married and then divorcing?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Re: Live-In Relationship With Ex After Divorce

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 am

mannomisha wrote:...
What other options I can have? My ex suggested to show a live in relationship for further visa. Is it possible?
That approach would be grossly unfair to all other couples in subsisting relationships;
it would only serve to help justify UKVI's stringent checks and requirements for spouse visas.

To remain in UK you need to find an appropriate visa route in your own right.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.