ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence - short of a couple of months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: Long residence - short of a couple of months

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:22 pm

As far as i know, applicants are now given 15 business days from the date of receipt of their biometric letter to enrol their biometrics , and their application is invalidated after that.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Obie wrote:As far as i know, applicants are now given 15 business days from the date of receipt of their biometric letter to enrol their biometrics , and their application is invalidated after that.
Hi Obie,

You are right and that is what it says on the bio matric invite you get from UKVI but I was sent one after the other. Not saying they would but they have done for many on different occasion.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:55 pm

You can try it, but be prepared whiles you ate in the process, for an abrupt end to your section 3C.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Obie wrote:You can try it, but be prepared whiles you ate in the process, for an abrupt end to your section 3C.
I should indeed as this is a big risk but luck favours the brave.. not recommending this to any one in the similar situation.

Quick one for the moderators is there any form to vary application for non point based system. There is one for point based called MCC but cant find any thing for non point based application. Or what is the procedure to vary application, lets say from FLR to ILR?

Thank you very much for your help.

cadnica
Newly Registered

Re: Long residence - short 6 months 10 years

Post by cadnica » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:48 am

many thanks for u r reply
I came here in 22nd mar 2006 on student visa
student ex. refused may 2008
appeal allowed july 2009
got student ex. until aug.2010
got psw from sep 2010 to sep 2012
then got tier 4 until oct. 2015
now I am short of 6 months to complete 10 years.
I have three dependents my wife and 4 years old son joined me as an tier 4 dependents in aug 2014. although my first son born here in 2011 and after one year they gone back to pak.
my 2nd son born here 2 months ago .
now planning to apply FLR O only for my self and my wife the only reason I have no money to spend and assuming that my both sons are uk born will be ok if I managed to get ILR. plz advised me any suggestion for grounds of application for FLR o . and have only 3 days left to apply for FLR O application

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:20 pm

cadnica wrote:many thanks for u r reply
I came here in 22nd mar 2006 on student visa
student ex. refused may 2008
appeal allowed july 2009
got student ex. until aug.2010
got psw from sep 2010 to sep 2012
then got tier 4 until oct. 2015
now I am short of 6 months to complete 10 years.
I have three dependents my wife and 4 years old son joined me as an tier 4 dependents in aug 2014. although my first son born here in 2011 and after one year they gone back to pak.
my 2nd son born here 2 months ago .
now planning to apply FLR O only for my self and my wife the only reason I have no money to spend and assuming that my both sons are uk born will be ok if I managed to get ILR. plz advised me any suggestion for grounds of application for FLR o . and have only 3 days left to apply for FLR O application
Hi Cadnica,

I would suggest to speak to a good solicitor before you make any decision. You can try FLR and hope the UKVI will refuse and give you right of appeal.

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:49 am

Finally decided to apply through solicitor
He is only applying 2 flr o application one for my self and one for my wife.he did not apply for my two son's I understand for my second boy who born 2 month's ago but for my first one although he born here and left the country and came back to join me as tier4 dependent
The grounds of flr o application are very week as solicitor put that I want to sort out my things before I left the country and he is still hopefull to get drag the time by 6 months so that I would b able to apply ilr on 10 years

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:04 am

cadnica wrote:Finally decided to apply through solicitor
He is only applying 2 flr o application one for my self and one for my wife.he did not apply for my two son's I understand for my second boy who born 2 month's ago but for my first one although he born here and left the country and came back to join me as tier4 dependent
The grounds of flr o application are very week as solicitor put that I want to sort out my things before I left the country and he is still hopefull to get drag the time by 6 months so that I would b able to apply ilr on 10 years
That is the wrong application that is likely to be refused without an appeal right.

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:52 am

Dear obie
Thanks for u r reply may I ask u what would have been a right aplication in my case.
As solicitor applied flr o with one dependent who is my wife and he knowingly did not apply application for my two kids one born 2 months ago and and older one born here 4 years ago stayed one year in country and left.and came back as a tier4 dependent.
My only concern is although there is no right of appeal in application but how will he drag time . Please do reply.
I will update my progress on post
Regards

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Candice

the right application for u and dependants is FLR FP...tell ur solicitor to raise human right grounds..if ur application is not successful but hopefully u will get in country appeal right...and change ur solicitor as well bcoz he gave u the wrong advice to apply for flr o...i had 7 month shorts for 10 year and applied for flr fp, refused but got appeal right

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:58 pm

cadnica wrote:Dear obie
Thanks for u r reply may I ask u what would have been a right aplication in my case.
As solicitor applied flr o with one dependent who is my wife and he knowingly did not apply application for my two kids one born 2 months ago and and older one born here 4 years ago stayed one year in country and left.and came back as a tier4 dependent.
My only concern is although there is no right of appeal in application but how will he drag time . Please do reply.
Regards

Hi Cadnica

the right application for u and dependants is FLR FP...tell ur solicitor to raise human right grounds..if ur application is not successful but hopefully u will get in country appeal right...and change ur solicitor as well bcoz he gave u the wrong advice to apply for flr o...i had 7 month shorts for 10 year and applied for flr fp, refused but got appeal right

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:07 am

tajammul77 wrote:
cadnica wrote:Dear obie
Regards

Hi Cadnica

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:15 am

Cadnica, FLR fp still have. 50/50 chances. My one failed to get in country right of appeal , now on long route to JR . Don't know about future after spending 9 years and six months legally in Uk , without any refusal and also having almost 7 years old kid who is born here. Make your grounds solid in your application. And then just pray God . One of our GuRu OBIE having very good knowledge about this type application. We all very thankful to him . Good luck.

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Many thanks all dear friends
I will keep update my posts
Regards

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm

although I was advised by( OBIE and some other well-wisher sorry cant remember the ID) to change application and solicitor . As solicitor has already applied for flro instead flr fp .
my solicitor applied for FLR O with one dependent(my wife) he raised human right issue referring some cases . the only update is that home office deducted the money from my account . I need time up until 23rd of 2016 to complete 10 years will be lucky even I got time 28 days early to apply ilr.
regards

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:09 am

Hi Cadnica

you could use flr o for human rights issue before but the right form is now flr fp...in ur case flr fp is the right form. ur solicitor made a mistake and u will suffer bcoz of this solicitor...i suggest u to vary ur application to flr fp...ask obie, zee ali and other modrators

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:59 am

thanks tajamul I will speak to my solicitor let see what he will do further. regards umar

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm in a similar situation but I am only falling short of 9 days for 5 years completion for ILR on Tier1 general route.

After reading this thread, I'm a bit confused on the appeal rights.

Just in case in an unfortunate situation, if my ILR gets rejected, will I be eligible to appeal under ILR Set-O option?

I would really appreciate any advise on this from the senior members of this forum. Thanks very much.

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:40 pm

dear i believe you will get your ilr as you r only 9 days short.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:42 pm

cadnica wrote:although I was advised by( OBIE and some other well-wisher sorry cant remember the ID) to change application and solicitor . As solicitor has already applied for flro instead flr fp .
my solicitor applied for FLR O with one dependent(my wife) he raised human right issue referring some cases . the only update is that home office deducted the money from my account . I need time up until 23rd of 2016 to complete 10 years will be lucky even I got time 28 days early to apply ilr.
regards
salam cadnica,
please find out from the solicitor and keep us updates as i am almost in the similar situation..
many thanks
omar

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:58 pm

So Tajammul your visa has expired as per your post what option did you choose? Please share with us here to help others.

Many thanks[/quote]

I have applied for flr fp through solicitor. solicitor said i will get appeal right but its 50, 50. let c wot happens[/quote]

Tajammul, any update on ur case did u get ny response from ukvi?? did u get àppeal or u applied variation pplication flr fp

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:06 pm

haris_zam wrote:So Tajammul your visa has expired as per your post what option did you choose? Please share with us here to help others.

Many thanks

I have applied for flr fp through solicitor. solicitor said i will get appeal right but its 50, 50. let c wot happens[/quote]

Tajammul, any update on ur case did u get ny response from ukvi?? did u get àppeal or u applied variation pplication flr fp[/quote]

hi Haris_zam

my Flr fp was refused but i was given in country appeal right and its in process

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:50 pm

tajammul77 wrote:Hi Cadnica

you could use flr o for human rights issue before but the right form is now flr fp...in ur case flr fp is the right form. ur solicitor made a mistake and u will suffer bcoz of this solicitor...i suggest u to vary ur application to flr fp...ask obie, zee ali and other modrators

Right form is flr fp. Dont worry much HO should give u 10 working days to rectify the issue. wait and see
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:13 am

Hi guys,

I have got only 6 weeks left before current leave expires and now i need to make the final decision to which option i should take to get the extra time to complete my 10 years.

The option for applying for ILR and then skipping the Bio-metric is a risky option which i would take if there are no other safe options.

Second option is to apply for FLR and then vary the application. That sounds less risky and have worked for many users before. Here is the questions if I go with FLR what form should i fill in? Is it FLR(FP) or FLR (LR)? I have my wife as dependent and she needs to apply for leave at the same time.

Thank you very much all for your help.

Regards

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:06 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hi guys,

I have got only 6 weeks left before current leave expires and now i need to make the final decision to which option i should take to get the extra time to complete my 10 years.

The option for applying for ILR and then skipping the Bio-metric is a risky option which i would take if there are no other safe options.

Second option is to apply for FLR and then vary the application. That sounds less risky and have worked for many users before. Here is the questions if I go with FLR what form should i fill in? Is it FLR(FP) or FLR (LR)? I have my wife as dependent and she needs to apply for leave at the same time.

Thank you very much all for your help.

Regards
Flr fp is the right form. Flr lr is for the people who completed 10 years and for some reason they didn't pass LIUK or english test.

As u r short of couple of month so best option for u is FLR FP and than vary it to set lr (if u complete 10 years during flr fp process).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided