ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum validity on Long term Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vishaljumani
Newly Registered

Minimum validity on Long term Visitor Visa

Post by vishaljumani » Sun May 22, 2016 11:29 am

Hi All,

My Mother-in-law(MIL) is planning a visit to the UK from India. She has a 2 year valid Visitor Visa, which expires in mid-October 2016

She came in 2014 and stayed for a couple of months. During 2015, she had a second visit for a couple of months.

This year we are planning for her to visit again and she would only be able to fly towards the end of June 2016.

Our concern is would she be allowed since the validity of her visa is less than 6 months - considering she travels towards end of June, she would have a little over 3 months left on her visa.

Look forward to receiving a response soon.

Thanks,
Vishal

Casa

Re: Minimum validity on Long term Visitor Visa

Post by Casa » Sun May 22, 2016 11:46 am

No problem as long as she leaves the UK before the expiry date.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.