ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother In Law's visa has been refused twice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mican
Newly Registered

Mother In Law's visa has been refused twice

Post by mican » Mon May 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Hoping someone can help. My Mother in law's visa to visit the UK has been refused twice. She is living in India whilst her husband is working in Qatar. She does not work herself and is dependent on his income.

The first application was refused In Feb 2016 on the grounds there were bank deposit but no explanation as to their source - although we had stated that her husband was working in Qatar and was supporting her and also submitted money transfers from Qatar. The refusal letter stated that ECO was not convinced of her financial situation or that she would return from the UK

The second application was rejected today. This was surprising because we had submitted bank statements, money transfers records, documents signed by an accountant confirming what assets she had, deeds to property etc. We submitted a letter from her husband's employer confirming employment. However the ECO rejected her application again. The refusal letter states ''you've provided the same historical evidence of financial support as you did before'' - this isn't true we've provided up to date bank statements and money transfer slips, plus more information about the property they own.

The refuse goes on to say '' As evidence of his employment you've produced a photocopy of his passport however this shows that his visa for Qatar expired in Dec 2015' - this is wrong his visa for Dubai (where he previously worked) expired in Dec 2015 whist the visa for Qatar is valid into next year. It also says '' you have failed to provide evidence of how your husband supports you'' - aside from bank statements, money transfers and employment letters confirming his employment i am not sure how else we can evidence this.

It goes on to say ' I am not convinced you will visit the UK for a limited time and return''.

Any idea what the next step could be. We want to reapply but without fresh evidence i fear we will get the same response. The only thing we can is reapply and bring to their attention that his visa for Qatar is valid and highlight it again but i am at a serious loss to understand what else we can do?

Any suggestions

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Mother In Law's visa has been refused twice

Post by manci » Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 am

chattokhan

Post by chattokhan » Tue May 24, 2016 10:38 am

Unfortunately administrative review is no longer an option for visit visa applications. The UKVI seems to be really restrictive is issuing visa these days. My parents visa was rejected on the following objection.

"I know you have attached your property documents along with the valuation document to demonstrate your financial ties with home country. Your property valuation is estimated up to £150,000. However, this does not demonstrate your ties with home country. Properties can be sold and money can be transferred to the UK ."

I think that is the most nonsense objection ever. You know why they do that, because they are no longer answerable to anyone. So they can refuse application on anything if they don't intend to issue a visa.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 24, 2016 1:52 pm

A few questions before I attempt to make any suggestions.

1) I see two reasons were mentioned in the first refusal. - Ability to support herself financially & her intent to return after the visit (I.e. Ties to her home country). Was the second refusal identical in terms of the reasons given?

2) When making the second application did she include a cover letter explaining how she was addressing the previous refusal reasons - pointing out the evidence that was being provided to address each?

3) Would she be visiting the UK alone or along with her husband?

vamsiac
Newly Registered

Post by vamsiac » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm

hi What was the outcome of this? did you reapply? did your parents got visa?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:04 pm

vamsiac wrote:hi What was the outcome of this? did you reapply? did your parents got visa?
This thread is almost one year old and member Mican only posted twice on the forum and hasn't visited since May 23, 2016.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.