ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother UK Family Visit Visa Application Approved for 2 Years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uvalue82
Newly Registered

Mother UK Family Visit Visa Application Approved for 2 Years

Post by uvalue82 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:30 am

Dear Forum members and Admin,

First of all a Big thank you to all of you. All of you have been doing a wonderful job.

A brief history:

1. My Parents visited me and my children in 2013 on my daughter Birth.
2. They were issued six month visa although they requested for one month Stay.
3. When they were here I asked them to stay longer as we were togater after a long time, so they decided to prolong their stay.
4. They stayed here for almost full duration of their Visa (i.e 5 months 20 days).

5. This time I only applied for my Mother as my Father has passed away last year.
6. I wanted to apply for longer duration but my solicitor advised me not to apply for more than six month as she is not a regular visitor.
7. I decided to do the whole application myself and eventually applied for two years family visitor visa.
8. I visited this great forum and read that most of 2 and five years applications for family visit are being refused from Pakistan and India.
9. After Application, I received call from Home Office and case worker asked few questions and she was very friendly and interview duration was about 10 minutes. She asked various questions in a very friendly manner.
10. Yesterday, Mom received her passport with full Two Year Visit Visa.

Once Again, thank you everyone....!!!!

I would be more than happy to assist anyone .........

Kind Regards

KA

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: Mother UK Family Visit Visa Application Approved for 2 Y

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Would you be able to share list of supporting documents you submitted from both side?

Also what questions did they ask you in the interview?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:41 pm

uvalue82 wrote:Dear Forum members and Admin,

First of all a Big thank you to all of you. All of you have been doing a wonderful job.

A brief history:

1. My Parents visited me and my children in 2013 on my daughter Birth.
2. They were issued six month visa although they requested for one month Stay.
3. When they were here I asked them to stay longer as we were togater after a long time, so they decided to prolong their stay.
4. They stayed here for almost full duration of their Visa (i.e 5 months 20 days).

5. This time I only applied for my Mother as my Father has passed away last year.
6. I wanted to apply for longer duration but my solicitor advised me not to apply for more than six month as she is not a regular visitor.
7. I decided to do the whole application myself and eventually applied for two years family visitor visa.
8. I visited this great forum and read that most of 2 and five years applications for family visit are being refused from Pakistan and India.
9. After Application, I received call from Home Office and case worker asked few questions and she was very friendly and interview duration was about 10 minutes. She asked various questions in a very friendly manner.
10. Yesterday, Mom received her passport with full Two Year Visit Visa.

Once Again, thank you everyone....!!!!

I would be more than happy to assist anyone .........

Kind Regards

KA
Do bear in mind that a 2 year visitor visa doesn't permit a stay of longer than 6 months and your mother shouldn't be seen to be spending more time in the UK than she is spending in her home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

uvalue82
Newly Registered

Post by uvalue82 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Thank You Casa I am aware of that......