ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My parents got refused family visitor visa!!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vb3d

My parents got refused family visitor visa!!!!

Post by Vb3d » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:59 am

MY Father 60's and Mother 50's has been refused visitor visa, lots of supporting documents and bank statements and enough funds
how stupid is that???

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: My parents got refused family visitor visa!!!!

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:27 am

Vb3d wrote:MY Father 60's and Mother 50's has been refused visitor visa, lots of supporting documents and bank statements and enough funds
how stupid is that???
There is always a reason or reasons. What does refusal state?

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Mauser1905 wrote:
Vb3d wrote:MY Father 60's and Mother 50's has been refused visitor visa, lots of supporting documents and bank statements and enough funds
how stupid is that???
My mother doesn't work and she doesn't have bank account
My father is retired, so he doesn't have good money on his account to show or to use in the application
So they submitted my bank statements and my brother's
The UKBA said that very little they can know from my brother's statement about his financial commitments, even tho he has got really good amount of money there and regular good salary goes in every month, and they didn't even mention my bank statements in the refusal!!! and I got good money to support their visit too!!
I am really devastated

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Vb3d wrote:
Mauser1905 wrote:
how stupid is that???
My father is retired, so he doesn't have good money on his account to show or to use in the application
The UKBA said that very little they can know from my brother's statement about his financial commitments, even tho he has got really good amount of money there and regular good salary goes in every month, and they didn't even mention my bank statements in the refusal!!! and I got good money to support their visit too!!
I am really devastated
From what you wrote looks you application wasn't properly supported with evidence to satisfy ECO's view. And I do appreciate reasoning in this case.

Have a keen look into this document which shows latest credibility and intentions guidance for visitor visa for the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

ECO has raised fair points in regards to financial commitments. Its your parents travelling not your brother or yourself. So the evidence should be self explanatory from the applicant's side.

There may be property documents/investments/pension statements etc etc which can be useful. If brother is continually supporting your father then this needs to be demonstrated. e.g. showing trail of money going from your brother to parents accounts, from parents account s to their stated monthly expenses etc.

From circumstantial perspective its taken for granted how things work in home country, however onus is on the applicant to prove the credibility and intentions of self sustaining without recourse to public funds and returning back to the home country without overstaying. And this can only be done with appropriate and clear, detailed paperwork.

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:53 am

Mauser1905 wrote:
Vb3d wrote:
Mauser1905 wrote: There is always a reason or reasons. What does refusal state?
I am really devastated
From what you wrote looks you application wasn't properly supported with evidence to satisfy ECO's view. And I do appreciate reasoning in this case.

Have a keen look into this document which shows latest credibility and intentions guidance for visitor visa for the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

ECO has raised fair points in regards to financial commitments. Its your parents travelling not your brother or yourself. So the evidence should be self explanatory from the applicant's side.

There may be property documents/investments/pension statements etc etc which can be useful. If brother is continually supporting your father then this needs to be demonstrated. e.g. showing trail of money going from your brother to parents accounts, from parents account s to their stated monthly expenses etc.

From circumstantial perspective its taken for granted how things work in home country, however onus is on the applicant to prove the credibility and intentions of self sustaining without recourse to public funds and returning back to the home country without overstaying. And this can only be done with appropriate and clear, detailed paperwork.
Thank you, your reply is very useful and informative, really appreciated

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 pm

My mother applied for the visa again, and she got refused AGAIN
It is ridiculous, her application was well supported with all kind of documents, and they don't really have a reason to refuse
They only refused her application for one thing, that they are not satisfied that she is going to leave the UK
Is that even legal?
Isn't this against human rights?
I can't see my mother for such stupid reason?

She showed strong ties to her home country, as actually 99% of her family are there including husband, sons and daughters, and I am the only relative she has in the UK!
Also she given a strong genuine supported by document reason for her visit to me at this time of the year, and they could make sure of it by making a simple UK call to the hospital her if they wanted

What are these people?

I really want to escalate this
Please advise on whom should I call or contact to complain in this case

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Vb3d wrote: I really want to escalate this
You can't appeal, just reapply with a stronger application, it's all you can do.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:52 pm

What was the exact text of the refusal??
What documents did she submit to show ties?
I can't see my mother for such stupid reason?
Of course you can. You could visit her too but I know this is not your point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Vb3d wrote: I really want to escalate this
You can't appeal, just reapply with a stronger application, it's all you can do.
That is the strongest you can get, I told you, there is actual reason, they only say they are not satisfied that my mother will leave the UK.
What kind of document do they need to guarantee such thing? Is there any? This doesn't sound like a legal refusal reason
CR001 wrote:What was the exact text of the refusal??
The exact text says
"It is your responsibility to satisfy me that your circumstances in XXXXhome countryXXXX are such that if given leave to enter you will comply with all of the conditions attached to such leave and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit but you have not done so"

My mother included family Pictures shows family members and a big house family there

Is there a women in late 50's would leave a husband she has been with 35 years and big family (lots of sons and daughters) living an very HUGE house to go and live in the UK with the only one son and wife in their small 2 bed house? That is just insane

This refusal reason is vague and can be used in any situation without clear position or logic

I am devastated

adilshahzaman
Newly Registered

Post by adilshahzaman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:52 pm

mate ur not alone in this, there is no way on earth you can convince them otherwise if they don't want to be convinced. I was in exactly the same situation few years ago and gave up on this stupid argument. I've applied again for my mum recently for the second time and I'm not expecting anything else but a refusal. This is absolutely pathetic reason not to allow someone, I'll post in few days about my mums application here as to what decision we get but like i said I'm expecting a refusal with the same point that she will not leave uk once let in. I think I'll be lodging an official complaint against the decision as some other guy on this forum has done and has ECO's decision overturned. Thats the only chance or else I'll apply for an ECO's job at AbuDhabi and then deal with it from there.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Vb3d wrote:
The exact text says
"It is your responsibility to satisfy me that your circumstances in XXXXhome countryXXXX are such that if given leave to enter you will comply with all of the conditions attached to such leave and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit but you have not done so"

My mother included family Pictures shows family members and a big house family there
Can you elaborate more around what evidence your mother provided to support her intention to return. I.e. Ties to home country. Was it only the family pictures you refer to here? Or was there more. Pictures alone would not be considered strong evidence of her ties.

Reading the refusal reason, it appears clear that the ECO wasn't satisfied with the evidence provided.

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:02 pm

adilshahzaman wrote:mate ur not alone in this, there is no way on earth you can convince them otherwise if they don't want to be convinced. I was in exactly the same situation few years ago and gave up on this stupid argument. I've applied again for my mum recently for the second time and I'm not expecting anything else but a refusal. This is absolutely pathetic reason not to allow someone, I'll post in few days about my mums application here as to what decision we get but like i said I'm expecting a refusal with the same point that she will not leave uk once let in. I think I'll be lodging an official complaint against the decision as some other guy on this forum has done and has ECO's decision overturned. Thats the only chance or else I'll apply for an ECO's job at AbuDhabi and then deal with it from there.
Thank you mate for your reply
Can you please give links on how to do what you are going to do, I really don't understand, what is the procedure called?
cs95tdg wrote:
Vb3d wrote:
The exact text says

Can you elaborate more around what evidence your mother provided to support her intention to return. I.e. Ties to home country. Was it only the family pictures you refer to here? Or was there more. Pictures alone would not be considered strong evidence of her ties.

Reading the refusal reason, it appears clear that the ECO wasn't satisfied with the evidence provided.
She provided an estate document shows/describes the big house as well

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 pm

You can always ask for a reconsideration I think - maybe that's gone though too now....

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:You can always ask for a reconsideration I think - maybe that's gone though too now....
How can I do that?

adilshahzaman
Newly Registered

Post by adilshahzaman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:59 pm

you need to either email UKVI complaints or post them a letter explaining the refusal points and why you think the CW has not looked at the case properly.

details are:

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address:

Complaints Allocation Hub
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

they then look at the application and if they think they have made the mistake, they will automatically pass it on to relevant VAC.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 03, 2015 6:18 pm

In the same boat as well, my mother-in-law's and sister in law visa was refused. In decision of my mother-in-law the reason was the sponsor could not be contact however I've checked with my employer and no record of a call and neither a call on my mobile or landline (saying that I get notifications if I'm out of reach and callerid at home plus employer provides 24/7 service). Other reason was that she would not return.

She is 48 and my SIL refusal read your mother's visa refused as she was unable to convince ECO and therefore we are not satisfied with yours either.

Well backed up application with property documents etc

How are you guys doing with complaints and re-considering...what is the best! I'm considering re-applying but incase they refuse again..

bhupen80
Newly Registered

Post by bhupen80 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 pm

After reading everyone's comments. I will share my story with you all after which you will come to a conclusion that its a money making business.

I am a UK Citizen. My Parents recently applied (15/04/2015) for a Family visitor visa for a period of 6 months to visit me and see their grandchildren (5 years & 1 year). Also i have recently relocated to the midlands so they were planning to visit a few places here this summer. This was declined (30/04/2015) with the following reason given by ECO

'' I understand the importance of family visits and have also taken into account that you previously visited the UK in 2012, but i note that you have failed to provide and documentary evidence of your own for e.g. If you receive a regular income, financial evidence, what property or assets you own in India and what family support network you have living with you in India. It has therefore been difficult for me to establish how your own financial and personal circumstances are. I have acknowledged your son's evidence in the UK, but the onus rests with you the applicant when assesing your application and given that you both intend on spending the full 6 months of your visa in the UK, I must be satisfied that you are both able to maintain and accomodate yourselves, that you can show sufficient incentive that you will return to India and that your intentions are geniune. Given the lack of evidence before me i am not satisfied that you are a geniune visitor , that you will leave the Uk afetr 6 months or you will be adequately mantained and accomodated in the UK without recourse to public funds. Thats why i have refused your application.

They have visited the UK in the past and have successfully been granted visas in 2010, 2011 & 2012. They have always returned within the 6 months and never overstayed. They have never intend to live in the UK. They find it too isolated in regards to social life and can’t take the winters there. The rest of our family is in India and they have a social life there. I go to India for 3 weeks every alternate year which is not enough for them as Grandparents to have a bond with their grandchildren. That’s why they visit in the summer to spend time with them.

This time around they applied using the same set of documents that they have used in past but unfortunately on this occasion the entry clearance officer declined their application because he did not have enough proof that they intend to return back to India after 6 months. He also wanted proof of them receiving regular income, financial evidence, property or asset they have in India as he was unable to establish what their financial and personal circumstances are.

The set of supporting documents that I had provided for their application had my 6 months UK bank statement showing that I regular transfer money to my ICICI bank account to support them in India which the ECO might have overlooked. In their application they mentioned that they are retired and I look after them. I am also paying for their return tickets and they will be staying with me and I will be sponsoring their entire trip. They don’t own any assets here in India. All their life my dad worked hard put me through the right school and college to get me where i am. In doing so he has never owned anything. Never had the money to buy a house. Its an Indian thing which the ECO wont understand due to a cultural gap. The house that they stay in India is owned by me (3BHK Penthouse worth 2.5 Cr.) and i have bought that specially for them as they don’t want to live in the UK. When they applied on the previous 3 occasions this has (same situation the previous 3 times) been the case and they have been granted a visa in the past.

What i am unable to understand is 1. Why was it declined this time? 2. Why were we granted the visa previous 3 times if their financial situation and personal circumstances were the same as this time?. Their personal and financial situation will be the same in the future as well so even if they reapply looks like they will never be granted a visa and never get to visit me and grandchildren in the UK. That is against their Human Rights.

My father is 69 years old. Last year my father-in-laws father passed away due to pancreatic cancer and he did not get to see his grandchildren as he was in the last stage and survived for only 3 months. I don't want my parents to be in the same situation and want them to spend as much time with them and have a strong bond with them.

The documents that i had submitted were.
1. 6 months payslip. (Which included the transactions showing a regular monthly transfer to ICICI bank)
2. P60
3. Copy of my Tenancy agreement for the house i am renting in the midlands. (I also own a Property in London which i have rented out)
4. Utility Bills.
5. Sponsorhip Letter
6. Invitation Letter
7. Copy of my UK passport.

I can deal with the fact that their visa has been declined but how do i explain my 5 year old that his Dada Dadi are not coming. Everyday after school his 1st question is when are they coming. I just want to know why was it declined and why was it granted the previous 3 times if all the documents were the same.

Today (05/05/2015) I have written a letter of complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & Mumbai.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk to see what they have to say. No way i am reapplying and wasting another INR 8500 x 2. cause my documents will still be the same and i cant produce anymore than i have already. The next step is for me to write to my MP if the home office dont overturn their decision.

Good Luck to other with their situation.

coolwind

Post by coolwind » Wed May 06, 2015 10:24 am

My In-laws were refused a visitor visa as well recently and I have concluded the following points from their application results and similar threads on this forum:

1. The reason for my in-laws refusal was not meeting requirements of sections i,ii,vi and vii of paragraph 41 of the immigration rules. I have seen similar reasons for refusal in most visitor visa rejections on this forum. So, it seems that all visitor visa applications are assessed according to paragraph 41. But paragraph 41 seems to be archived now and what I see is appendix V (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... itor-rules ).
So, we need to ensure that we follow appendix V strictly when applying for a visitor visa.

2.The visitor visa section on the gov.uk website does not mention everything in detail.It has links to other guidance notes which many of us may have missed while applying for a visitor visa.There are links such as 'Read the guidance', 'Visitor Rules' which have links to appendix V in the visitor visa section on gov.uk and there are chances we may miss these.

3. There is still a grey area in the rules where we need to convince the home office that the visitor will leave the UK at the end of their visit. The only workaround I can think of is having enough dependents and property in the home country. If we have no siblings who are staying with our parents, then I guess we just apply for one parent at a time, so that we can show dependency on the other parent in the home country.This can be very difficult for a single parent who does not any have property in their name and no other siblings staying with them in the home country.

4. As far as financial circumstances are concerned, all I can conclude is that the applicant must show bank statements with enough funds which should not have huge cash deposits and a regular source of income or support. Bank statements of sponsor or other immediate relatives are not being considered at all. The bank statements must be in the applicant's name.

I will ensure that I address the above when I apply next time and I hope I am successful.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed May 06, 2015 8:51 pm

So, it was not enough for the government to take away the option of reuniting UK citizen children with their elderly parents (which most civilized counyries offer), they now have made it exremeley difficult for the parents to obtain even a visotor's visa. Despicable.

musfah
Newly Registered

Post by musfah » Fri May 22, 2015 5:39 pm

bhupen80 wrote:After reading everyone's comments. I will share my story with you all after which you will come to a conclusion that its a money making business.

I am a UK Citizen. My Parents recently applied (15/04/2015) for a Family visitor visa for a period of 6 months to visit me and see their grandchildren (5 years & 1 year). Also i have recently relocated to the midlands so they were planning to visit a few places here this summer. This was declined (30/04/2015) with the following reason given by ECO

'' I understand the importance of family visits and have also taken into account that you previously visited the UK in 2012, but i note that you have failed to provide and documentary evidence of your own for e.g. If you receive a regular income, financial evidence, what property or assets you own in India and what family support network you have living with you in India. It has therefore been difficult for me to establish how your own financial and personal circumstances are. I have acknowledged your son's evidence in the UK, but the onus rests with you the applicant when assesing your application and given that you both intend on spending the full 6 months of your visa in the UK, I must be satisfied that you are both able to maintain and accomodate yourselves, that you can show sufficient incentive that you will return to India and that your intentions are geniune. Given the lack of evidence before me i am not satisfied that you are a geniune visitor , that you will leave the Uk afetr 6 months or you will be adequately mantained and accomodated in the UK without recourse to public funds. Thats why i have refused your application.

They have visited the UK in the past and have successfully been granted visas in 2010, 2011 & 2012. They have always returned within the 6 months and never overstayed. They have never intend to live in the UK. They find it too isolated in regards to social life and can’t take the winters there. The rest of our family is in India and they have a social life there. I go to India for 3 weeks every alternate year which is not enough for them as Grandparents to have a bond with their grandchildren. That’s why they visit in the summer to spend time with them.

This time around they applied using the same set of documents that they have used in past but unfortunately on this occasion the entry clearance officer declined their application because he did not have enough proof that they intend to return back to India after 6 months. He also wanted proof of them receiving regular income, financial evidence, property or asset they have in India as he was unable to establish what their financial and personal circumstances are.

The set of supporting documents that I had provided for their application had my 6 months UK bank statement showing that I regular transfer money to my ICICI bank account to support them in India which the ECO might have overlooked. In their application they mentioned that they are retired and I look after them. I am also paying for their return tickets and they will be staying with me and I will be sponsoring their entire trip. They don’t own any assets here in India. All their life my dad worked hard put me through the right school and college to get me where i am. In doing so he has never owned anything. Never had the money to buy a house. Its an Indian thing which the ECO wont understand due to a cultural gap. The house that they stay in India is owned by me (3BHK Penthouse worth 2.5 Cr.) and i have bought that specially for them as they don’t want to live in the UK. When they applied on the previous 3 occasions this has (same situation the previous 3 times) been the case and they have been granted a visa in the past.

What i am unable to understand is 1. Why was it declined this time? 2. Why were we granted the visa previous 3 times if their financial situation and personal circumstances were the same as this time?. Their personal and financial situation will be the same in the future as well so even if they reapply looks like they will never be granted a visa and never get to visit me and grandchildren in the UK. That is against their Human Rights.

My father is 69 years old. Last year my father-in-laws father passed away due to pancreatic cancer and he did not get to see his grandchildren as he was in the last stage and survived for only 3 months. I don't want my parents to be in the same situation and want them to spend as much time with them and have a strong bond with them.

1. 6 months payslip. (Which included the transactions showing a regular monthly transfer to ICICI bank)
2. P60
3. Copy of my Tenancy agreement for the house i am renting in the midlands. (I also own a Property in London which i have rented out)
4. Utility Bills.
5. Sponsorhip Letter
6. Invitation Letter

I can deal with the fact that their visa has been declined but how do i explain my 5 year old that his Dada Dadi are not coming. Everyday after school his 1st question is when are they coming. I just want to know why was it declined and why was it granted the previous 3 times if all the documents were the same.

Today (05/05/2015) I have written a letter of complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & Mumbai.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk to see what they have to say. No way i am reapplying and wasting another INR 8500 x 2. cause my documents will still be the same and i cant produce anymore than i have already. The next step is for me to write to my MP if the home office dont overturn their decision.

@bluepen80
Have you received any reply about the complaint you did?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 22, 2015 6:14 pm

ukswus wrote:So, it was not enough for the government to take away the option of reuniting UK citizen children with their elderly parents (which most civilized counyries offer), they now have made it exremeley difficult for the parents to obtain even a visotor's visa. Despicable.
Rather unfair, there is the option of not leaving them behind in the first place isn't there? Maybe look at your own agenda before blaming others for not accomodating the cultural needs of every race and creed under the sun.

Sorry to be blunt and I expect to get flak but I think the UK is more accommodating than other States/PLC's in this regard.

Then again, if it was my better half's parents looking to visit/settle I'd no doubt be bleating, so fair play. But they don't want to visit or settle we visit them as per the norm if it's difficult...

Just have have to do what's necessary and live my the rules my friend, don't rock the boat cos it will count against you in the future.

ismail.desai
Newly Registered

Post by ismail.desai » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:44 pm

bhupen80 wrote:After reading everyone's comments. I will share my story with you all after which you will come to a conclusion that its a money making business.

2. P60
4. Utility Bills.
5. Sponsorhip Letter
6. Invitation Letter

What did you do? Did you reapply?
I have recently apply my fathers visa he was refused few weeks ago due to the lack of supporting documents. I have also contacted my local MP to write the home office about my charater which he said they will forwards directly to the HO. I will find out in 3 weeks time about the result.

ismail.desai
Newly Registered

Post by ismail.desai » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:45 am

just to let everyone know my father visa got refused 5 weeks ago i reapplied and today he has got it

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:43 pm

ismail.desai wrote:just to let everyone know my father visa got refused 5 weeks ago i reapplied and today he has got it
What further evidence did you submit?

Priya87
Newly Registered

Post by Priya87 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:41 am

Hi,

This is the first time I am writing on this forum and really hoping for best solution/alternative to the problem. My parents got rejected for a Vistior Visa for UK. It is quite disheartning. It is the first time they were applying for the visa and had no international travel history. They got rejection on the basis of unjustifiable income sources.Following are the major points-
- My father is a businessman. Have his own shop. Mother is a housewife.
- He provided a valuation report for all the properties he hold in his name.
- Bank statements.
- FD summary
-ITR returns
- Letter from my sister who lives in UK for last three years with her husband and daughter. letter specified that expenses will be borne by them during their stay in London.

I am disappointed with the fact that where we have missed to represent a strong visa case. Is there any remedy against that. Further the Visa fees are totally insane resulted into a major financial loss as well.Can we appeal? if yes please provide me the details. In case of reapplication, I guess we need to start process afresh with all fee to be paid again. Please advice. Thanks