ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Sponsorsip Letter for Parents as a Sample

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RoyalFlush

My Sponsorsip Letter for Parents as a Sample

Post by RoyalFlush » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi,

I have used the below letter of sponsorship for my parents. I currently have ILR. List of documents included in the last page. They received 5 year visas. Thought it might be useful to others. Don't forget to adapt it to your own circumstances. Good luck.

[YOUR FULL NAME]
[YOUR ADDRESS]
[DATE]

The Entry Clearance Officer
British High Commission
Visa Section
British High Commission
Pretoria
PO Box 13611 or 13612
Hatfield

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Sponsorship of Visa Applicants (Parents) – [PARENTS FULL NAMES]

I am writing in support of the applications by the above named persons as family visitors for a period of 6 months (maximum as per regulations) to enable them to visit me in the UK. The above named, [PARENTS NAMES], are my biological parents residing in Cape Town, South Africa.

I am willing to sponsor their visit and pay all the necessary travelling costs and any other expenses that they might incur during their stay in the UK.

My parents’ visit would enable them to spend some time with me as I am currently unable to visit them due to work commitments.

My parents live with my brother and grandmother, with whom they are very much attached. They fully support and care for my grandmother. My parents intend to return to them after their visit to the UK.

I presently work as a [YOUR JOB TITLE] for [COMPANY], and have a salary of [YOUR SALARY]. I am currently renting my home which is a 3 bedroom semi-detached house. I currently occupy one double bedroom with my partner. The second double bedroom and a single bedroom are both vacant and available. There is ample space for my parents during their stay.

I give you my full assurance that I can support, maintain and accommodate my parents without any recourse to public funds. Attached is my Sponsorship Declaration. I will pay for any medical treatment that they may have which is not covered by their travel insurance. You have my word that they will return to South Africa after their stay with me.

I would therefore be grateful if you can kindly issue the visas to them.
Yours faithfully,

[SIGNED]
[YOUR NAME]

------------------------------------------------------------ END OF PAGE --------------------------------------------------------
Sponsorship Declaration

1. Sponsors Full Name: [YOUR FULL NAME]

2. Date and Place of Birth: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

3. Address in UK: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

4. Sponsor’s Occupation: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

5. Sponsor’s Employer/Address: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

6. Sponsors Earnings: [YOUR DETAILS HERE] per annum

7. Accommodation Details:
Semi Detached, 3 bedrooms (2 double, 1 single), Bathroom, Toilet, Dining room, Lounge, Garden, Spam

8. Number, Date, Place Issue of Sponsor’s Passport: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

9. Sponsors Current UK Immigration Status: ILR (permanent residency permit number RCxxxxxxxxx)

10. Name, Relationship and Address of dependants in (South Africa) who are being sponsored:
[PARENTS DETAILS HERE]

Declaration

I Mr [YOUR DETAILS HERE] hereby solemnly and sincerely declare that if the sponsored persons named above are granted leave to remain in the UK (in the case of a visitor on a temporary basis) I shall be responsible for their support, maintenance and accommodation in the UK throughout the period of their leave.

I also undertake to repatriate them at my cost if and when necessary and to bear all the cost of any medical treatment that they may receive. Furthermore I agree to bear all the costs of burial or cremation in the event of their death in this country.

I further understand that I may be committing an offence and liable to prosecution if, after I have given this undertaking, I do not support the sponsored person named above

[SIGNED]
[YOUR NAME]

------------------------------------------------------------ END OF PAGE -------------------------------------------------------- 
As proof of my identity and right to live in the UK please find attached the following documentation:
i. Copy of main page of current passport
ii. Copy of biometric residence permit (ILR)
iii. Original letter from UKBA stating that ILR was approved

As proof of being able to provide accommodation please find attached the following documentation:
i. Council Tax Bill for 2012/2013 in my name and stated address
ii. TV License in my name and stated address
iii. Most recent landline telephone bill in my name and stated address
iv. Tenancy agreement for the stated address

As proof of my ability to support my parents financially stay, please find attached the following documentation:
i. Employment history tax certificate from HM Revenue covering tax years 2006 to 2011 (2012 tax year has not yet ended)
ii. Salary slips for the past six months (note that I changed employer in August 2012)
iii. Bank statements for the last six months
iv. Letter from employer stating my current salary and that I am a permanent employee

Thank you for your consideration and time in reviewing the attached documentation.

[SIGNED]
[YOUR NAME]

shendean

hi

Post by shendean » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 pm

that would be fine.. we spnsor my mother 2011.. but we include the tickets as well coming in an going back to make sure that she intend to leave the uk before her visa expired.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:25 am

Thx RoyalFlush for such a detailed guide.

I just want to know one more thing ur parents applied as a general visiter or family Visiter. Is there a difference in general visit and family visit?

I want to invite my parents and my sister as well so little but confused ??
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 pm

aakkoo wrote:Thx RoyalFlush for such a detailed guide.

I just want to know one more thing ur parents applied as a general visiter or family Visiter. Is there a difference in general visit and family visit?

I want to invite my parents and my sister as well so little but confused ??
if you have ILR then it should be family visitor

prasad394
India

Re: My Sponsorsip Letter for Parents as a Sample

Post by prasad394 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:07 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:Hi,

I have used the below letter of sponsorship for my parents. I currently have ILR. List of documents included in the last page. They received 5 year visas. Thought it might be useful to others. Don't forget to adapt it to your own circumstances. Good luck.

[YOUR FULL NAME]
[YOUR ADDRESS]
[DATE]

The Entry Clearance Officer
British High Commission
Visa Section
British High Commission
Pretoria
PO Box 13611 or 13612
Hatfield

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Sponsorship of Visa Applicants (Parents) – [PARENTS FULL NAMES]

I am writing in support of the applications by the above named persons as family visitors for a period of 6 months (maximum as per regulations) to enable them to visit me in the UK. The above named, [PARENTS NAMES], are my biological parents residing in Cape Town, South Africa.

I am willing to sponsor their visit and pay all the necessary travelling costs and any other expenses that they might incur during their stay in the UK.

My parents’ visit would enable them to spend some time with me as I am currently unable to visit them due to work commitments.

My parents live with my brother and grandmother, with whom they are very much attached. They fully support and care for my grandmother. My parents intend to return to them after their visit to the UK.

I presently work as a [YOUR JOB TITLE] for [COMPANY], and have a salary of [YOUR SALARY]. I am currently renting my home which is a 3 bedroom semi-detached house. I currently occupy one double bedroom with my partner. The second double bedroom and a single bedroom are both vacant and available. There is ample space for my parents during their stay.

I give you my full assurance that I can support, maintain and accommodate my parents without any recourse to public funds. Attached is my Sponsorship Declaration. I will pay for any medical treatment that they may have which is not covered by their travel insurance. You have my word that they will return to South Africa after their stay with me.

I would therefore be grateful if you can kindly issue the visas to them.
Yours faithfully,

[SIGNED]
[YOUR NAME]

Sponsorship Declaration

1. Sponsors Full Name: [YOUR FULL NAME]

2. Date and Place of Birth: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

3. Address in UK: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

4. Sponsor’s Occupation: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

5. Sponsor’s Employer/Address: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

6. Sponsors Earnings: [YOUR DETAILS HERE] per annum

7. Accommodation Details:
Semi Detached, 3 bedrooms (2 double, 1 single), Bathroom, Toilet, Dining room, Lounge, Garden, Spam

8. Number, Date, Place Issue of Sponsor’s Passport: [YOUR DETAILS HERE]

9. Sponsors Current UK Immigration Status: ILR (permanent residency permit number RCxxxxxxxxx)

10. Name, Relationship and Address of dependants in (South Africa) who are being sponsored:
[PARENTS DETAILS HERE]

Declaration

I Mr [YOUR DETAILS HERE] hereby solemnly and sincerely declare that if the sponsored persons named above are granted leave to remain in the UK (in the case of a visitor on a temporary basis) I shall be responsible for their support, maintenance and accommodation in the UK throughout the period of their leave.

I also undertake to repatriate them at my cost if and when necessary and to bear all the cost of any medical treatment that they may receive. Furthermore I agree to bear all the costs of burial or cremation in the event of their death in this country.

I further understand that I may be committing an offence and liable to prosecution if, after I have given this undertaking, I do not support the sponsored person named above

[SIGNED]
[YOUR NAME]

As proof of my identity and right to live in the UK please find attached the following documentation:
i. Copy of main page of current passport
ii. Copy of biometric residence permit (ILR)
iii. Original letter from UKBA stating that ILR was approved

As proof of being able to provide accommodation please find attached the following documentation:
i. Council Tax Bill for 2012/2013 in my name and stated address
ii. TV License in my name and stated address
iii. Most recent landline telephone bill in my name and stated address
iv. Tenancy agreement for the stated address

As proof of my ability to support my parents financially stay, please find attached the following documentation:
i. Employment history tax certificate from HM Revenue covering tax years 2006 to 2011 (2012 tax year has not yet ended)
ii. Salary slips for the past six months (note that I changed employer in August 2012)
iii. Bank statements for the last six months
iv. Letter from employer stating my current salary and that I am a permanent employee

Thank you for your consideration and time in reviewing the attached documentation.

[SIGNED]
[YOUR NAME]

Hi Royalflush,

Should this be attested by a solicitor ? I am planning to sponsor my fiance for a general visitor visa and hence planning to use this. Additionally, one more question. She is an India citizen but is in the US for studies. So she will come to UK from US and go back to US. Does this mean I need to change anything in the last paragraph ? Can I still keep it as will repatriate her at my own cost etc .. ? Please advice.

Regards,
Prasad

fielddrive

Re: My Sponsorsip Letter for Parents as a Sample

Post by fielddrive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks for this, it will certainly help a lot of people... :!: