ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name format in BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

praveenv
Newly Registered

Name format in BRP

Post by praveenv » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi,

I hold an Indian passport. My full name (first name + last name) is shown as Given Name in my current passport and SurName field is blank. My BRP card shows my Full Name on a single line. I believe this is to reflect the name format in my current passport.

I am in the process of renewing my Indian passport. If my new passport is updated to show my first name as given name and last name as Surname, do i need to get this reflected in the BRP card as well? Do I need to apply for a new BRP card?

please let me know.

geriatrix

Re: Name format in BRP

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:26 am

Yes, Yes.

Your "surname" isn't officially recognized as your surname in the current passport and current BRP. So, if you do update your records in your passport application so that your "surname" is officially recognized as "surname" in your new passport, then you will need to get the change reflected in the BRP too. See Report all other changes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!