ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born baby in UK - urgently need to travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rohin123
Newly Registered

New Born baby in UK - urgently need to travel

Post by rohin123 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi,

We are Indians on UK ILR and we applied for our baby's british naturalisation certificate 3 months ago using MN1 application. We still haven't recd the certificate and urgently need to travel to India. Right now we dont have any travel documents for the baby. Is it possible to apply for his Indian passport instead and use that to travel to India ? Will be be stopped at the airport as the baby doesnt have a UK visa right now?
Our plan is to travel to India using Indian passport and then my wife and baby will stay and I will return back. Hopefully we'll get the MN1 certificate in the next 2 months and I will apply for the baby's UK passport as well as his PIO card from HCI India. Once I get them , I will send these documents to India so that my wife and baby can travel back to UK. Is there any issue with doing this ?
Any help would be really appreciated.

silentwhisper
Newly Registered

Re: New Born baby in UK - urgently need to travel

Post by silentwhisper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Yes you can travel with indian passport and birth certificate only as baby was born in uk, can't see any issue.
Regarding when you will get the british passport for baby, then how will you send it back to india and how will you got the entry stamp on it? As far as I know you can't send passport outside of any country as it is illegal.

This is up to my best of knowledge. Hope you will get proper answer from gurus.

rohin123
Newly Registered

Post by rohin123 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:48 pm

silentwhisper wrote:Yes you can travel with indian passport and birth certificate only as baby was born in uk, can't see any issue.
Regarding when you will get the british passport for baby, then how will you send it back to india and how will you got the entry stamp on it? As far as I know you can't send passport outside of any country as it is illegal.

This is up to my best of knowledge. Hope you will get proper answer from gurus.
I would personally travel to India with the baby's UK passport and bring the baby back to UK. Is their anything wrong with that ?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:53 pm

rohin123 wrote: Is it possible to apply for his Indian passport instead and use that to travel to India ?
yes possible but first you need to register the child's birth with Indian high commission and once the birth is registered you'll be able to apply for an indian passport. It may take 2-4 weeks but can be expediated in case of genuine urgency. discuss with Indian high commission

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:01 pm

rohin123 wrote:Our plan is to travel to India using Indian passport and then my wife and baby will stay and I will return back. Hopefully we'll get the MN1 certificate in the next 2 months and I will apply for the baby's UK passport as well as his PIO card from HCI India. Once I get them , I will send these documents to India so that my wife and baby can travel back to UK. Is there any issue with doing this ?
You'll not be able to apply for PIO card in UK as it will require surrender of the Indian passport. In above situation the Indian passport will be with the child / mother in India.

You can get the British passport here and bring the child back with British passport. However in this case, the child first needs to surrender indian citizenship in India and obtain exit permit for returning back to UK with British passport. Quite few steps involved.

rohin123
Newly Registered

Post by rohin123 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:14 pm

ban.s wrote:
rohin123 wrote:Our plan is to travel to India using Indian passport and then my wife and baby will stay and I will return back. Hopefully we'll get the MN1 certificate in the next 2 months and I will apply for the baby's UK passport as well as his PIO card from HCI India. Once I get them , I will send these documents to India so that my wife and baby can travel back to UK. Is there any issue with doing this ?
You'll not be able to apply for PIO card in UK as it will require surrender of the Indian passport. In above situation the Indian passport will be with the child / mother in India.

You can get the British passport here and bring the child back with British passport. However in this case, the child first needs to surrender indian citizenship in India and obtain exit permit for returning back to UK with British passport. Quite few steps involved.
I can get the baby's Indian passport with me when I come back to UK to apply for british passport. I can then surrender the baby's Indian passport when applying for PIO at HCI UK.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:30 pm

the above approach will make the matter much more complicated.