ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Older lives cases unit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lagan
Newly Registered

Re: Older lives cases unit

Post by Lagan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:49 am

@ Deewan

I haven't heard anything yet, i know sending photos is just a procedure but still i think its better to remain positive, like you said a lot of families were refused even after biometric but i have also heard that a lot more were also granted. my friend from bangladesh had the same letter as mine his first child was born in bangladesh he came here 2008/ seeked asylum 2010/ refused/ child born in 2010 /appealed/refused/further sub and in 2013 4 photos request then granted,,,under article 8. right to family life you see!.child was not even seven...its good to be positive my friend. I'm also like him i have a further sub pending my asylum was refused then both my children were born here and my further sub is based on right to family life and it has been pending for 2yrs. and i like to stay positive.if i hear anything i will let you know my friend but i will argue you to stat positive my friend

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:30 am

Well Dear.... We received this letter almost a year ago...now my child is here over 8 years n born here... We all have to stay positive...i was just saying u cant predict 100% wht d outcome wud b after sending photos... Few families i know were granted even dey were only here for 3-4 years n so on...n i know few families...ones child was going to be here for 7 in june..dat time she was only short 1 week...yet dey refused her...another family 2 months short of 7 years...her children were aged 16-17 ...she too was refused. So we cant b sure unless until we RECEIVE D GOOD NEWS. :-)

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Im still waiting for good news on this forum friends? any news anyone?

Lagan
Newly Registered

Post by Lagan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:34 pm

friends i have a situation here i need your opinion
further submission pending for 2years 2months. in May this year i received a letter from OLCU stating that i have to send them 4 passport size for each for myself and each member/dependents birth certificates,passports/ Id to complete my case. Of which i did and i am waiting for the outcome.
In June i two letters from Electoral office one for myself and another for my wife asking us to register to Vote.The registration forms had our names already pre filled and wanted us to complete the rest of the forms and return them. knowing that i am an asylum seeker and not wanting to be prosecuted for not registering to vote,i called the electoral office and told them that i am not allowed to vote but i come from a commonwealth country,the lady told me to go with my ARC card for verification,she took copies of the ARC cards and told us that we might swell have our photos taken,they will write to Home Office if its okay to put us on electoral roll and issue us electoral Identity cards and if we don't hear from them that means they said NO.Today we received the electoral ID cards.Is it ok to use these cards? are they not going to put us in trouble?

rajaraja
Newly Registered

Post by rajaraja » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:58 am

Hi every one first of all sorry for that long delay to reply. I was totally unaware of these replies from Aiza and two other friends. Let me first update on my case after sending Pictures to OLCU I didn't hear any thing from them and it's been 1 year now I sent letter to them via local MP and they replied that my case is still pending and we can not give a time frame secondly I request them to at least allow me to work as my case is pending since a year and they refused and said because my further submission was on article 8 (private life) so we can't allow you. That was wrong because my further submission was on article 2 , 3 and 8 well I'm going to appeal on this refusal.
Third point yes when I've received letter from OLCU last year November it says we are currently reviewing your case send us passport size pictures
Please if any one have any update in same situation let me know big thanks
My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

rajaraja
Newly Registered

Post by rajaraja » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:05 am

Walker67 wrote:Hi Aiza
I recived a letter of the same decription as rajaraja.i sent them photos.my case is also not before 2007.
Can u please tell me what will come after this letter and approx how many days does it take.
Many thanks

P.s rajaraja can i have ur email address.
Thanks
every one first of all sorry for that long delay to reply. I was totally unaware of these replies from Aiza and two other friends. Let me first update on my case after sending Pictures to OLCU I didn't hear any thing from them and it's been 1 year now I sent letter to them via local MP and they replied that my case is still pending and we can not give a time frame secondly I request them to at least allow me to work as my case is pending since a year and they refused and said because my further submission was on article 8 (private life) so we can't allow you. That was wrong because my further submission was on article 2 , 3 and 8 well I'm going to appeal on this refusal.
Third point yes when I've received letter from OLCU last year November it says we are currently reviewing your case send us passport size pictures 
Please if any one have any update in same situation let me know big thanks 
My email is personal contact information removed by moderator

ajiz1981
Newly Registered

Post by ajiz1981 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:23 pm

i have received the same letter to send them 4 photographs within 5 days than they will be able to conclude the case
if any body heard after sending the photos please share it

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi we are family & came to this country as a student and claimed asylum on 2013. All exhausted in 2014 but I got my further submission pending from last 3 moths. I have received a letter to send them 4 passport size photographs of myself & each of any dependant. In addition forward any identity documents we possess. (ID Card, Passport Birth certificate & Etc) within 5 days of receipt of this letter, than they will be able to conclude my case . send it to older live cases unit, home office department 87 PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN (We are 6 in total; Me, My wife, 4 kids / all of y kids born in uk and never went out of the country and my elder son is 8 years & 7 moth old / others 3 year, 2 year & 7 month old)

As we got the letter after the deadline 5 days passed, my lawyer asked us to send the photos to him so that he will forward it to them. (older live cases unit)

What will be the out come, Is it for deportation?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Interested members can review HO guidance that is used in such cases, here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v8_0.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi everyone we are family & came to this country as a student and claimed asylum on 2013. All exhausted in 2014 but I got my further submission pending from last 3 moths. I have received a letter to send them 4 passport size photographs of myself & each of any dependant. In addition forward any identity documents we possess. (ID Card, Passport Birth certificate & Etc) within 5 days of receipt of this letter, than they will be able to conclude my case . send it to older live cases unit, home office department 87 PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN (We are 6 in total; Me, My wife, 4 kids / all of y kids born in uk and never went out of the country and my elder son is 8 years & 7 moth old / others 3 year, 2 year & 7 month old)

As we got the letter after the deadline 5 days passed, my lawyer asked us to send the photos to him so that he will forward it to them. (older live cases unit)

What will be the out come, Is it for deportation? too much worry///////

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:17 am

Guys any body have any update after sending the photos?

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:20 am

aiza78601 wrote:ah its very urgent to reply them
its not a trick this is how they are working on legacy cases,
his case is in legacy and must be dealing in manchester or liverpool older live case unit
its very good sign,i know too many people who get status after this letter

send them all the papers which they required

Hi aiza78601

we are family & came to this country as a student and claimed asylum on 2013. All exhausted in 2014 but I got my further submission pending from last 3 moths. I have received a letter to send them 4 passport size photographs of myself & each of any dependant. In addition forward any identity documents we possess. (ID Card, Passport Birth certificate & Etc) within 5 days of receipt of this letter, than they will be able to conclude my case . send it to older live cases unit, home office department 87 PO Box 306 Liverpool L2 0QN (We are 6 in total; Me, My wife, 4 kids / all of y kids born in uk and never went out of the country and my elder son is 8 years & 7 moth old / others 3 year, 2 year & 7 month old)

What will be the out come, Is it for deportation? too much worry

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:24 am

Deewani wrote:Tamarazm::: they only asked 4 photos for each of us... No other documents....plz can someone tell how long it takes to get a reply after submitting those photos? Thank
Hi
any update after sending the photos?????????

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:57 am

Ur lucky that moderators havent said anything to you after posting the same question mnay times.

If u have sent the photos...stay calm and wait for the their reply... If u r in hurry or want further info u can call ukvi in liverpool or croydon.

Many ppl got appoinment with embassy after this for travel documents. some got leave to remain.

ajiz1981
Newly Registered

Post by ajiz1981 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:37 pm

any one get response after sending photos?????

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi everyone
I got a surprise i mean I got appoinment with my country
embassy which We went earlier this week but pon
the same day evening my lawyer called me
and informed me that we have been ask to go to
post office for biometric enrolment which also we completed. What do you think? Is it a good or bad news???
I am wondering biometric is a part of a
fresh claim??? Or only for successful application get biometric enrolment in the post office?? Anyone????

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:39 am

Omg.....not a single one to reply......
that's fine, I mean if no one don't want to
respond then why the hell am I posting my
Experience regarding my case? I though this will help someone and also if someone can guide me but its look like, Pople just want to listen for others story's and act like they didn't see the post. Anyway no point. No more updates
from me. Good buy and good luck to all of you
guys. Take care

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:35 pm

u dont hav 2 b upset...as u wud have noticed majority if question being asked here r not related 2 asylum...if dey asked for biometrics...u shud do dem ASAP... hopefully u shud get a response soon. i hav not heard ppl getting biometrics at d same time being askd 2 go2 deir high comision. most f d cases dey ask biometric tends 2 b a good sign....bt sometimes even after doing dem dey still refuse. so it just varies from case to case

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi dewani check ur PM plz.

irzz55
Newly Registered

Post by irzz55 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi everyone

Sorry for the late reply, I just want to inform or update my situation after submitting biometric in the post office. after 3 weeks of waiting after the submitting the biometric (me and my family) with the help of Allah we received our BRP card. Alhamdulillah we have been granted leave to remain.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 1:49 pm

irzz55 wrote:Hi everyone

Sorry for the late reply, I just want to inform or update my situation after submitting biometric in the post office. after 3 weeks of waiting after the submitting the biometric (me and my family) with the help of Allah we received our BRP card. Alhamdulillah we have been granted leave to remain.
Congratulations. Sure to inspire others.

Just goes to show the system works & you can now put all the stress and worry behind you.

It also shows patience is a virtue when dealing with HO.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ajiz1981
Newly Registered

Post by ajiz1981 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:39 pm

hi irzz55,

congratulation brother for getting status.
I have also received the same letter from OLCU unit liverpool to send them the photos within 5 working days but still i did not received any response from HO
can you please tell me when did you received this letter and how long after you received biometric letter
we are also asylum case and we are 5 in total,Me,my wife and three kids and all kids born in uk , Younger is 5 years old on november 2016
I have received the photographs letter on febuary 2016 and still no response
so i am waiting your reply

Ella2015
Newly Registered

Post by Ella2015 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:22 am

Hi there. I am new on the page and I'm so looking forward to get some advice. my solicitor has received a letter from the HO in Liverpool to send 4 passport size photos of myself and each one of my family. I haven't heard anything about my fresh claim since march 2015. I have first submitted an asylum claim in 2011 and got refused by HO and the Judge of appeal. Thanks
Jamal

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Tue May 17, 2016 11:36 am

I have read cases where this request of photos has resulted in leave to remain granted but no one really knows what goes in the head of the Home Office case owners. I suppose you have no option but to send the photos and pray for the best outcome.
Good luck

Aatthheerr
Newly Registered

Post by Aatthheerr » Wed May 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Same situation here, please update us if you get any new information. Regards