ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents' details wrong

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dj58
Newly Registered

Parents' details wrong

Post by dj58 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I was naturalised in 2006 and naturally applied for my first UK passport shortly after my naturalisation ceremony.

When I filled my AN and UK Passport application I had to call my dad and get my parents' birthdates and marriage date. My dad told me these details over the phone and I filled the applications and sent them over.

It is important to note that I am from Iran, and people in Iran use a completely different calendar. After my dad passed away I reallised that those dates may have been converted to a geregorian calendar wrongly.

At the time and as I signed both applications, these dates to my best of knowledge were correct. So I didn't do anything illigally.

I now understand that if I lose my passport and/or if it gets damaged I have to provide those dates again.

Can I ask the passport office to simply correct these days and explain what I just explained above? It was an honest mistake and I have NEVER benefitted from my parents' nationality whilst I was being naturalised.

Everything else is correct, their names, birthday town and country etc

How should I go around correcting these 3 dates on Passport office's database?

Please help.