ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visitor Visa granted 2.5 months before travel date.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

somu
Newly Registered

Parents Visitor Visa granted 2.5 months before travel date.

Post by somu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi,

I live in UK with my wife and we have an ILR. My Parents applied for a UK Family visa on 8th November this year with an intention to travel to London from 30th January 2013 for 6 months. The embassy granted the visa for 6 months but visa starts from 19th November instead of 30th Jan 2013. We have been trying to get a response from British embassy in India to see if this is a mistake but unfortunately to date we have not received any response. The only way to contact them is via email which we sent on 19th November.

The UKBA websites clearly states that one can apply for a visa 3 months in advance of their travel date. So am wondering if this indeed is an error? Has anyone else had such an experience. Any comments would be highly appreciated?

Thanks.