ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport requirement for 2year family visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cavalier14
Newly Registered

Passport requirement for 2year family visit visa

Post by Cavalier14 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Hey Guys,
My mother in law visiting us every year for the last three years with a 6 month visiting visa and stays for couple of weeks on each visits :roll: :D
This time We suggested her to get a 2year visit visa, so she won't have to go through all the application hassle(TBH all of us), as she's 73yrs old and the application and document staff is not that easy for her to do every year.My question is : does she need a valid passport for whole 2years? Or she can change her passport in the middle of the visa period? her passports expires on May2018.
Thanks IA

Casa

Re: Passport requirement for 2year family visit visa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:50 pm

The passport can be renewed when required, there's no need for a 2 year validity.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Cavalier14
Newly Registered

Post by Cavalier14 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Thanks Casa,So what happens to he visa(which is attached to the passport) when passport expires and she has to get a new one?
Does she need to send her new passport to UK embassy to change a visa and transfer it to the new passport or she could travel with two passports in hand?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:35 am

Transfer your visa to a new passport wrote:You don’t have to transfer your visa - you can carry both your old and new passports when travelling to or from the UK instead.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Cavalier14
Newly Registered

Post by Cavalier14 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:50 am

Thanks a lot Vinny, that's a good news,I appreciate your help.