ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration - late update

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

legalalien88
Newly Registered

Police Registration - late update

Post by legalalien88 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi guys. I've read all possible topics on this forum and didn't really found any particular answer (I read a few stories when it all ended up well but also a lot of times people didn't wrote about their outcome).
Basically this is what happened:
I arrived to study in the UK in 2011. I registered with police within 7 days period.
I was then granted another 2 year Tier 4 general visa and updated my police registration.
Now since it was a 2 year visa and since I didn't move address for a year and a half I completely forgot about it.
I remembered about this registration only on Monday when I finally got my CAS. I realized that I need to update my new place of study now...and remembered that I didn't update my registration regarding my new passport that I've got in July 2013 AND move of address in December 2013.
I booked an appointment to register with the police (which will be 6th of Oct) and I will be sending my visa application documents the same day (I applied last night and it said it's ok to send them within 15 working days, 6th of Oct is 11th working day).

My question is what is the worst that can happen to me? I wrote a cover letter stating that I had no intentions to hide my address or a new passport - as I WAS notifying my place of study about those changes. I just forgot to do so.

My current visa expires on the Oct 27th.
Thank you very much btw, this forums had a lot of useful information!

vinny

Re: Police Registration - late update

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Should be okay after informing the police of your new details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

legalalien88
Newly Registered

Post by legalalien88 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:30 pm

thanks for you reply! I read that thread too (I read possibly all threads regarding police registrations haha). But only 1-2 of them had an outcome (which was positive all the time). Thats why I thought I'd create a new thread and see maybe I get more examples?

legalalien88
Newly Registered

Post by legalalien88 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Just a quick update (for those who might find this useful, as a lot of people never write outcomes).
I went to the police and they gave me a verbal warning and didn't put any "naughty stamps". So it doesn't say I was late with notification or anything.
Just sent all my documents for my further leave to remain.

Labearta
Newly Registered

Post by Labearta » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:23 pm

legalalien88 wrote:Just a quick update (for those who might find this useful, as a lot of people never write outcomes).
I went to the police and they gave me a verbal warning and didn't put any "naughty stamps". So it doesn't say I was late with notification or anything.
Just sent all my documents for my further leave to remain.
Hello, I'm in a similar situation. Just wondering whether you managed to hear back about the extension and what the outcome was? Similarly, how did you fill out your address details in the 5 year address history bit? DId you go by the police certificate? Help would be much appreciated!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Member in question last visited Board in mid 2015.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.