ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prem. appt: delivery of biometric card (and passport???)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

linnea2002
Newly Registered

Prem. appt: delivery of biometric card (and passport???)

Post by linnea2002 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Hello

Does anyone know if your passport and OLD residence card are returned at the same-day visa appointment? And if so, can I travel on them?

I left plenty of time for my visa appointment and card to be delivered, but they cancelled my appointment and I am supposed to travel 3 days after my rescheduled appointment. I am concerned that my new permit won't arrive in that time period and if it does not, I will not be able to travel with my passport and old permit.

Any ideas???

THanks....

zishi

Post by zishi » Tue May 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Linnea

No one can predict what will happen on that day as every case is different and therefore the outcome.

In most cases that are held by UKBA, I think they keep passport as well. so if they do hold your case for any reason (investigation, IT issues etc), most likely they will keep your passport.

I would strongly recommend to postpone/rearrange any plans of travel or at least a back up plan in hand in case you don't get it the same day.

Good Luck.