ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-entering the UK after a voluntary departure.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kamistan
Newly Registered

re-entering the UK after a voluntary departure.

Post by kamistan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:24 am

Hi, everyone! This is my first post, and I'm amazed by the wealth of information here :D . Now this question is a tricky one (and I'm REALLY sorry if it's the wrong section. I'm new! :oops: ) . But I will be really happy if anyone can help with this :

My boyfriend is a US national who was in the process of converting a Tier 4 visa to a Tier 2 (not important :arrow: ) but his application failed. This was followed by an unsuccessful appeal :( , after which he was given a mere few days to leave the country. As it was too short to arrange one's affairs, he overstayed to organize flights and to say goodbye to loved ones, but for this was for a period of less than 28 days, which I believe means that he is not subject to a re-entry ban.

For that reason, I want to ask two questions:

Firstly, are there any circumstances in which he would be subject to an entry ban? (he hasn't done anything else wrong)

Secondly, if there is no entry ban, would he require a Visa for future travels to the UK?

Thank you so much for looking at this message!

vinny

Re: re-entering the UK after a voluntary departure.

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:18 am

1. If he overstayed for less than 90 days, then he should be fine.
2. He requires a visa, unless he is a visitor.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tamandua

Re: re-entering the UK after a voluntary departure.

Post by Tamandua » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:21 pm

vinny wrote:1. If he overstayed for less than 90 days, then he should be fine.
Is it from the visa expiry date or from the date of the tribunal's decision?