ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused entry clearance due to mistake on form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Odai
Newly Registered

Refused entry clearance due to mistake on form

Post by Odai » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 am

Hello

I recently made an application for a UK family visit visa on behalf of a family member (in Amman, Jordan) to visit us in the UK.

The request for an entry clearance was refused, on the basis that there is insufficient evidence of their financial ability to support themselves financially when in the UK. This judgement was in turn made principally on the fact that the application form stated that they had no property or savings, and that the bank statement provided by them in Amman was partially in Arabic.

Unfortunately, the first issue was purely an accidental mistake that I did not pick up on when submitting the form. The question was "Do you have savings, properties, or other income, for example from stocks and shares?" The answer is yes, but I entered no and never picked up on it when reviewing the hefty form. The second issue was out of ignorance, we had neglected to mention to the family member that a bank statement entirely in English was required, and it was not mentioned in the declaration they had to sign on the form when submitting it to the processing centre in Amman. Further, we have invited other family members to stay in the past, and partially Arabic statements haven't been a problem before. On top of that, any issues in the past with incomplete paperwork were always mentioned to the applicant so that it could be resolved before a decision was issued.

Given that the problems with the application are entirely resolvable and down to error, and that there is no other reason a request for entry into the UK would be refused, is there any way I can maybe get the UKVI to reconsider the application with new documents? I've seen mention on their site of "reconsiderations" but cannot find any detailed information. Or is it simply the case that I will have to make an entirely new application because of these simple mistakes, and fork out the application fee again?

I understand that a formal appeal against the decision would be inappropriate in this case - is this correct?

Would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks!

Odai.

ban.s

Re: Refused entry clearance due to mistake on form

Post by ban.s » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 am

You have to submit a new application and pay the necessary fees.