ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a teacher count as a legal guardian?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kevinf
Newly Registered

Post by kevinf » Fri May 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Hello,

Background:
I've just submitted my General visitor application. I'm going to have language studies with my german classmates and some of my teachers (without parents) in England. Since I don't have an european passport, I have to get an Visa for me. I'm 14 years old.

Question:
The online application required me to choose if I'm travelling with anyone, and if, then I had to choose if Alone / Mother / Father / Legal Guardian / Other adult / Other nominee. I asked my teacher if the accompanying teacher would be a legal guardian. She said yes, so I chose "Legal guardian". I made a mistake of not looking it up on the internet first, so I don't know what I should do if it's actually "Other adult". And also if I chose "Other adult", the teacher would have to provide me with much more information, such as his address, so that would be a big hassle.

Thanks in advance!

Casa

Re: Does a teacher count as a legal guardian?

Post by Casa » Fri May 15, 2015 2:59 pm

To be a 'legal guardian' they would have to be appointed as such by a judge. 'Other adult' was the correct option
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kevinf
Newly Registered

Re: Does a teacher count as a legal guardian?

Post by kevinf » Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Casa wrote:To be a 'legal guardian' they would have to be appointed as such by a judge. 'Other adult' was the correct option
So what do I have to do now? Will I still be granted entry if I don't report the error? I will be going to the UK by bus.
If I need to change it, how?

kevinf
Newly Registered

What do I put in into the Employment and Income tab if Child

Post by kevinf » Sat May 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello,
I am a child and applying for a General visa. What do I put in into the fields in that tab if I'm just a 14 year old student?

Right now I've entered this:
Current working status: Unemployed
Savings / properties? : No
Spending on living costs: CHILD
Personal cost for trip to GBP: 0 (//parents pay)
Total amount of money you have for this trip: 550 (//school fee + accommodation + bus ticket + some cash// - is this correct?)
Cost of bus ticket: 95
Cost of accommodation: 455
Living expenses? : CHILD
Is someone else paying? : YES
Total amount: 550 (// as I understand, the total amount of money I will be given for this trip. My parents pay everything )

Thanks in advance!

kevinf
Newly Registered

Re: What do I put in into the Employment and Income tab if C

Post by kevinf » Sun May 24, 2015 10:51 am

kevinf wrote:Hello,
I am a child and applying for a General visa. What do I put in into the fields in that tab if I'm just a 14 year old student?

Right now I've entered this:
Current working status: Unemployed
Savings / properties? : No
Spending on living costs: CHILD
Personal cost for trip to GBP: 0 (//parents pay)
Total amount of money you have for this trip: 550 (//school fee + accommodation + bus ticket + some cash// - is this correct?)
Cost of bus ticket: 95
Cost of accommodation: 455
Living expenses? : CHILD
Is someone else paying? : YES
Total amount: 550 (// as I understand, the total amount of money I will be given for this trip. My parents pay everything )

Thanks in advance!
is it OK that I put CHILD into some fields?

kevinf
Newly Registered

Relationship to teacher in Under 18 tab

Post by kevinf » Sun May 24, 2015 10:57 am

Hello,

Background:
I'm going to have language studies with my german classmates and some of my teachers (without parents) in England. Since I don't have an european passport, I have to get an Visa for me. I'm 14 years old.

Question:
What do I choose in the Under 18 tab while "Who are you traveling with?" is "Other adult" as the relationship if I want to put in a teacher? Do I choose "Other Relative" even though she is not my relative but just my teacher or do I choose "Friend"?

Thanks in advance!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Relationship to teacher in Under 18 tab

Post by Obie » Sun May 24, 2015 11:49 am

Are you sure you need a visa.

Is it part of a school trip or study.

you may not need a visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tate-eun07
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kevinf
Newly Registered

Re: Relationship to teacher in Under 18 tab

Post by kevinf » Mon May 25, 2015 8:29 am

Obie wrote:Are you sure you need a visa.

Is it part of a school trip or study.

you may not need a visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tate-eun07
Whooaaa. I'm really surprised now.
I checked it on this site:
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/viet ... hs_or_less
and because I'm under 18 I'm applying for the General Visitor visa. Are you really sure I don't need one?
I'm going to have these studies at the Kent School of English in Broadstairs. A teacher at my school has asked them for some info about the guest family where I'll be staying at. So they sent me the info and a Pdf Letter acknowledging that I am having studies at their school so they can give me a visa without thinking about it too long. So doesn't that mean that I need a Visa if the school sends me such a letter?

Thank you very much Obie!