ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR Report

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muahid786
BANNED

SAR Report

Post by muahid786 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:05 am

I have submitted SAR request to home office more then 40 days ago, I received acknowledgement it says you will receive your requested information within 40 days. Now it is more then 40 days after acknowledgement but I have not heard anything. I have sent email to UKVI twice but no reply. Please advise me what to do? thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: SAR Report

Post by Zee ali » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 pm

muahid786 wrote:I have submitted SAR request to home office more then 40 days ago, I received acknowledgement it says you will receive your requested information within 40 days. Now it is more then 40 days after acknowledgement but I have not heard anything. I have sent email to UKVI twice but no reply. Please advise me what to do? thanks
There would be a fax number In SAR acknowledgement letter.

Fax them a covering letter quoting the Sar ref number that u r waiting for that long.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

muahid786
BANNED

Post by muahid786 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:22 pm

thanks for your advise, I will do this on Monday

Ido
Newly Registered

Post by Ido » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:47 pm

I requested mine last year and after 60 days with no files recieved, I sent an email to my MP who asked the home office to speed it up. They sent it after 2 weeks of MP letter. When files arrived it showed they only processed it after he made contact. Contact your MP soon as they're about to leave office by the end of March to prepare for elections in May. Hope this helps.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Ido wrote:I requested mine last year and after 60 days with no files recieved, I sent an email to my MP who asked the home office to speed it up. They sent it after 2 weeks of MP letter. When files arrived it showed they only processed it after he made contact. Contact your MP soon as they're about to leave office by the end of March to prepare for elections in May. Hope this helps.
I applied my wife SAR and they took nearly 50 days after acknowledgement . than i send them a covering letter through fax and they respond within 1 week that they couldn't find some of the record and will send SAR as soon as they can. I got SAR after 2 weeks of that Letter.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

muahid786
BANNED

Post by muahid786 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:37 am

Hi Zee ALi,

Could you please give me the contact fax no? the fax number on acknowledgement letter always busy.

thanks