ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR request delays

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ido
Newly Registered

SAR request delays

Post by Ido » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 am

I applied to get my files from the home office early June 2014, they acknowledged and said they'd post them by 20 July but up to now nothing. Has anybody had such experience of delays in SAR request? My solicitor says homeoffice are super slow in everything. Isn't that even illegal to delay more than 40 days without them writing to explain? Any experiences by anybody?

dmp

Re: SAR request delays

Post by dmp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi Ido
SAR Timeline
X applied on 07 July and received on 25 August,
Y applied on 18 July still waiting...

Ido
Newly Registered

Post by Ido » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 pm

dmp wrote:Hi Ido
SAR Timeline
X applied on 07 July and received on 25 August,
Y applied on 18 July still waiting...
Seems we can't get anything out of the home office' 'on time' anymore. What happened to the 40 calendar days? I wrote to them 2 weeks ago and still not a word or file from them. Will keep forum updated when I get my file just to give any other users an idea about delays or experience with SAR requests....

dmp

Post by dmp » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Y applied 18 July and received on 04/09/14

Ido
Newly Registered

Post by Ido » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:10 pm

dmp wrote:Y applied 18 July and received on 04/09/14
That's after my request! If they don't send them by end of week, will contact mp. Thanks for info anyway. I've already got indefinate leave but need all my info for my children to keep if they decide to take up British citizenship.

Ido
Newly Registered

Post by Ido » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:04 am

I finally got mine and my children's files 3 months late. I got my MP to send a letter to the homeoffice 2 weeks ago and they arrived with an apology about the delay. Thanks everyone who shared their experience about SAR delays.