ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring my partner for a UK Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noirfire
Newly Registered

Sponsoring my partner for a UK Visitor Visa

Post by Noirfire » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello,

Just trying to understand what document I need to provide. I earn 30k a year so I am clearly over the 20K threshold that you need to apply for her to live here. Right now that not a option that either of us can do, so we want to apply for a tourist Visa for her for 3 months.

What My issue is do I need to supply both Bank statements and Pay slips?

Just concern if they see my bank statement from last year I haven't always had £945 in it because I just got back from visiting her in the Philippines. So I have spent a lot of my spare cash on engagement ring and the holiday itself. Also I pay for her rent/living cost already very month so it not like I could afford to have here here at all.

The Visa form is not clear in what documents I need to supply other than proof of my address which is easy. So I guess I am asking do I need 6 months of bank statements with +945 cash in? or just my Payslip for 6 months?

Noirfire
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsoring my partner for a UK Visitor Visa

Post by Noirfire » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:04 pm

From what I have just read on another site bank statements are a must balls...... Guess I will have to save up some cash and do this later next year, but this is really annoying as I already pay all her freaking bills!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsoring my partner for a UK Visitor Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:57 pm

There is no requirement for you to have 'maintenance funds' for a visitor visa. Why do you think this is the case?

Your partner will have to provide substantial evidence of her complete circumstances in her home country to convince the ECO that she is a genuine visitor, will leave the UK and has strong ties to her home country.

Are you British or on some visa and are you married or just boyfriend/girlfriend?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.