ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa timeline priority

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

apprentice786

Spouse visa timeline priority

Post by apprentice786 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:38 pm

PRIORITY SPOUSE VISA

Online application submitted: 29/09/16
Biometrics enrolled Mirpur: 05/10/16
Sms recieved: 05/10/16 (application fowarded to uk)
Email reccieved: 06/10/16 (application recieved in sheffield)
Supporting documents sent:11/10/16
Supporting documents received sheffield: 12/10/16 (tracked on royal mail)
Supporting documents recieved back:15/10/16
Status check: 21/10/16 application currently being assessed by ECO
Contacted about decision made: not yet
Collection made: not yet
Visa decision: not yet

When they sent me my orignal supporting documents back they also sent me back the copies which were unopened is this normal?

Does anybody know how long they will take to make a decision now that its currently being assessed or if anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks

Sincejune

Re: Spouse visa timeline priority

Post by Sincejune » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:36 pm

None priority application decision made in 7 working days in Amsterdam.
No experience about Sheffield.

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Any advice?

raviedara
Newly Registered

Post by raviedara » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:15 am

Hi apprentice786,

Where did you checked the application status

"Status check: 21/10/16 application currently being assessed by ECO "

Thanks,
Ravi.e

tomcross09
Newly Registered

Post by tomcross09 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi apprentice786,

We're currently in a similar position; my wife has just had her biometrics appointment in Toronto, we are doing the priority application. Can I ask how long your application took in the end? We had thought 10 working days but are now hearing 6-12 weeks!

4redhead
Newly Registered

Post by 4redhead » Wed May 17, 2017 7:14 pm

I submited my application in Toronto, Canada on March 16. I sumbitted my Biometrics on the same day in the Toronto office. I received an automated reply from Sheffield on March 17, 2017 to advise that the application had been received. I've heard nothing since. I did pay the "Priorty Fee" of £450 to have my application processed within 6 - 8 weeks. Of course it didn't happen. I also paid 5 years worth of health charge surcharges. I started emailing and phoning. Each time I telephoned (at approxmately $15.00 Cdn per call) I am told that they don't have any record of my GWF number. I asked for the issue to be accelerated. I then received an email asking me to scan and email my Priority Visa receipt (so they obviously didn't have it!). I emailed them the copy on the same day. I've heard nothing since. They have taken money from me falsely with the promise of a service that they had no intention of providing. They have my passprt - I have had to cancel holidays and trips because of that. I have submitted a formal complaint to Home Office (they will respond within 20 days!) It has so far cost me over £3,000.00 for a simple, straight forward vis.

My husband of over 25 years is a British National and lived there for 40 years before moving to Canada. I lived in the UK for two years with Indefinite Leave to Remain. I still have my NI number. I pass every single application requirement including the financial means. I have never been convicted of a crime, never collected benefits and have no health problems. I do not understand why this is taking so long and why I have not heard anything from the issuing office.

I am so ticked off!

Has anyone else from Canada had this type of issue?