ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

standard Visitor Visa for mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PAPITO
Mood:

standard Visitor Visa for mother

Post by PAPITO » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi all
I'm UK citizen and my mother from Colombia wants to visit me and my brother (he's EU citizen resident here)in the UK for Christmas 3-4 WEEKS to see her sons and grandsons.
I can sponsor and have a job and all needed to supply as evidence, but she is 70, is on payroll on a brother's company back in Colombia but gets paid cash :(, bank account won’t support much evidence of income, doesn’t get state pension yet, don’t own properties. Only motives to return is that she has 2 sons there (she is divorced) but 2 sons here in UK too.
I’m thinking my brother in Colombia and I from UK to be sponsors? Or will I and my wife be sufficient? Or perhaps all 3 sons to support her Application.? or my EU brother?
The other option is get my EU brother here in UK to demonstrate she is dependent but also money is sent very rarely so hard to prove and she is really not coming to join him just to visit. She was given FP years ago but got an illness that prevented from coming and it was decided is best for her to be in Colombia and this hasn’t changed.
Any advice on what kind support evidence from her part can be provided will be appreciated as I see people with properties are denied visa.
Thanks