ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur from PSW outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suhrab
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur from PSW outside UK

Post by suhrab » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:01 am

Hi
I was on PSW visa that expired on March 2014. Can I apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa from outside UK? Can I show access to funds 50,000 GBP outside UK from my uncle?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur from PSW outside UK

Post by MPH80 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:21 pm

Here is the key bit:
Tier 1 (Post-study work) transitional arrangement

From 11 July 2014, Tier 1 (Post-study work) applicants who do not have funding from seed
competitions or government departments (as described above) can only get points for
funding from registered venture capital firms or another source, if they can demonstrate that
they meet the requirements in part d of table 4 of appendix A of the Immigration Rules.

If Tier 1 (Post-study work) applicants cannot show they have been continuously engaged in
business activity since before 11 July 2014, they can only apply using £50,000 funds from a
listed seed funding competition or UK government departments (not from a venture capital
firm).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

If you're outside the UK that would indicate that after July 11th 2014 you haven't been engaged in business activity (in the way they define it).