ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 (gen) visa- mother in law visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

san19
Newly Registered

Tier1 (gen) visa- mother in law visitor

Post by san19 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi ,

I am on Tier 1 visa valid till 16 Feb 2016, I will be eligible to apply for ILR from 16 Jan2016.

My wife is pregnant and I would like to Invite my mother in law for assisting us, as my wife cannot travel to india.

From UKBA website, I came to know that visitors visa can be issued for a max of 6 months only, I have below two questions

1) While issuing Visa to my mother in law, UKBA will issue six months visa irrespective of my visa valid date (16 Feb 2016) Or do they issue only before my Visa expiry date ?

2) If Visa will be issued according to my visa expiry date, then will she be able to get 5 months visa ( if we apply in Sep and she travel in Sep , she might have 4.5 or 5 months time to stay in UK )

3) OR will UKBA issues only 3 or 6 months VISA ?

Please clarify , so that we can apply for her VISA accordingly( may be in Sep or in Nov) near to my baby due date.

Thanks
San

san19
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 (gen) visa- mother in law visitor

Post by san19 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi

Could anyone please reply to my query, your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
San

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:19 pm

She has to qualify for her visa in her own right. Her general visitor visa is not dependent on your visa status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:41 pm

It might not be so if the OP is taking responsibility for financing the trip, maintenance and accommodation, and provides documentary evidences to support such application as a visitor.

IMHO ...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

san19
Newly Registered

Post by san19 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 am

Hi

Thanks for your response. Yes Iam sponsoring her and providing accommodation.

so in this case if i apply now will she get 3months or until my visa(16 feb 2016)?

Thank u once again

San

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:11 am

I stand to be corrected but AFAIK UKV&I does not issue general / family visitor visa with validity less than 6 months.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!