ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General - Processing visit visa for mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karpagav
Newly Registered

Tier2 General - Processing visit visa for mother

Post by karpagav » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:22 am

Team, I have been granted Tier2 General visa. I would like to take along my mother to UK. Please let me know what is the process for applying visitor visa for my mother. Also mention, the list of documents and time span for processing.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 General - Processing visit visa for mother

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:33 am

Have you arrived in the UK yet?

How long is your mother planning to stay in the UK?

What evidence of ties to home country will she show?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

karpagav
Newly Registered

Post by karpagav » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:27 am

I will be reaching UK on 25th March 2017. My mother will stay for a month along with us.
Evidence of ties to country (India) will be her Bank statements and address proof.

Please let me know if she can travel along with me on 25th march on tourist visa.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:47 am

Your mother will need to submit stronger ties to her home country than a bank account and an address. :!: What reason does she have to return to India?

Also you are unable to sponsor her if you aren't resident in the UK at the time of the application. Where do you intend to stay when you arrive in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

karpagav
Newly Registered

Post by karpagav » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for the reply casa. I will be staying in Belfast. Practically my mother will stay for a month along with us and not more than that. Please help with what kind of documents we can show up for her intent to return.
Can a pre-reserved return ticket helps ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:23 am

Return tickets won't carry any weight.

The ECO will want to see that you mother is financially self-sufficient in her home country with strong family ties there and other evidence such as property ownership.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

karpagav
Newly Registered

Post by karpagav » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 am

Yes she owns a property and can submit the address proof of that residence (past 2 years). Address proof which she holds being phone bills, electricity bills and bank statement. Will that suffice.
So i understand process goes like this - Please confirm
* i will have to reach belfast and get a rental agreement for my home @ belfast
* I should get my BRP card
* I should collect additional proofs like phone/electricity bills to proove my residence
* And then i can Process for my mother visa (Family visitor visa) to bring her to UK