ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TO PROVE FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PK001

TO PROVE FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Post by PK001 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi,

I applied my sister’s visit visa but unfortunately application rejected due to sister financial circumstances (Although I was bearing all expenses and did mention in the application). She is house wife and dependent on spouse and son.

Anyhow, come to the question ---
1)- Can provident fund available in brother-in-law's (Sister’s husband) account be shown to support application?
2)- My nephew (Sister’s son) does business and deals mostly in cash. How can we show “money-in-hand” as savings? If deposited that money in account for this application, ECO can easily reject it. Any thought / comments?

Earliest comments are much appreciated as I’m planning to re-apply.

Cheers!

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: TO PROVE FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:45 pm

PK001 wrote:Hi,

I applied my sister’s visit visa but unfortunately application rejected due to sister financial circumstances (Although I was bearing all expenses and did mention in the application). She is house wife and dependent on spouse and son.

Anyhow, come to the question ---
1)- Can provident fund available in brother-in-law's (Sister’s husband) account be shown to support application?
2)- My nephew (Sister’s son) does business and deals mostly in cash. How can we show “money-in-hand” as savings? If deposited that money in account for this application, ECO can easily reject it. Any thought / comments?

Earliest comments are much appreciated as I’m planning to re-apply.

Cheers!
You showed financial sponsorship. The onus is on the applicant to prove the ties to the home country and provide sufficient evidence which present the applicant is genuine visitor and intend to return to home country without overstaying in the UK.

1) applicant's husband has to give support and consent letter to sponsoring applicant financially and overall. As she is housewife she is supported by her husband. This needs to be showed in paper. PF is useful amongst many other financial sources which may be available to applicant husband. When husband will state that he is sponsoring his wife, he will be required to provide documentary evidence of the finances.
2) cash transaction bear no value in terms of UK, which may be the view of the ECO as it can be easily flagged as fraudulent activity. And big cash deposits into bank account statements provided to the application should have clear and detailed clarification in regards to source and reasoning. Essentially if applicant states that she gets x amount of cash to her expenses monthly and husband earns xy per month and there is a large discrepancy between these monthlies and deposits application can be rejected based on money laundering/fraud suspicions.

Would suggest you to read though many similar threads in this regards on this forum which I am pretty sure will be very helpful.

Also see visitor visa guidance document and especially credibility and intentions section from page 11 through to 15.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf
Good luck.