ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tourist visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sachi
Newly Registered

tourist visa

Post by sachi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:54 am

Hi im 21 years old from india. my mother has been working in london for the past 10 years. she is a permanenet resident there. i want to go visit her in london for sometime. can you tell me the requirements for a tourist visa?

Also around 4 years back (when i was 17) my child dependant visa was rejected on the grounds of insufficient funds and that my parents weren't legally separated, will that affect my new application now?

secret.simon

Re: tourist visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 pm

For requirements, see https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa.

Is your mother a Permanent Resident under EEA Regulations or does she have ILR under UK Immigration Rules? They are slightly different statuses, though that should not impact your visit visa.

Kerr b
Newly Registered

Re: tourist visa

Post by Kerr b » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi secret.simon
Am in the same position can you pls explain I want to apply
For my grandmother from Jamaica to visit in December
I obtain PR from my unmarried eea partner what application
Should I fill out for her