ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Ancestry Visa - How many times can you renew this?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Saffa999
Newly Registered

UK Ancestry Visa - How many times can you renew this?

Post by Saffa999 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi

My brother in law qualifies for a Ancestry visa. He would come to work in the UK for 6 months a year. Once the initial 5 year visa is finished he would not be able to claim the ILR visa ( 90 day Rule ). I understand he is able to get a 5 year extension. How many times would that be possible to extend for 5 years.

Reason is he may choose to settle here in the future and does not want to use up his ancestry option if after 10 years he is not able to extend again

Thank you for your assistance with this.

vinny

Re: UK Ancestry Visa - How many times can you renew this?

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 pm

What 90 days rule?

There's no limit for extensions under 189.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Saffa999
Newly Registered

Post by Saffa999 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:39 pm

I am led to believe that if you are out of the country for more than 90 days of any year in your initial 5 years you are unable to apply for ILR.

Could you please explain 189
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:35 pm

Saffa999 wrote:I am led to believe that if you are out of the country for more than 90 days of any year in your initial 5 years you are unable to apply for ILR. It is 180 days per 12 months not 90 days

Could you please explain 189 - click on the link of the 189, it is the part 5 immigration rules.
Thank you
He can apply to extend his ancestry visa as many times as he chooses is what Vinny is saying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.