ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Ancestry visa validity after getting other visas

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lavagirl_nz
Newly Registered

UK Ancestry visa validity after getting other visas

Post by lavagirl_nz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Hello. Quick question I hope someone knows the answer to. If I have a UK ancestry visa for 5 years, then get offered another job with a short term contract (let's say, 1 year) in another country and get a visa and residency for that country, can I return to the UK and continue to work after my new contract has expired? That is, does my UK ancestry visa expire after I get another visa for another country, or is it still valid for the entire length of the visa, regardless of my getting a visa elsewhere?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: UK Ancestry visa validity after getting other visas

Post by manci » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Your permission to stay in another country has no bearing on the validity of your ancestry visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Ancestry visa validity after getting other visas

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:32 pm

It would still be valid as Manci advised, however, you would not qualify for ILR after the 5 years and would need a further extension of your Ancestry visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.